Seminars on the French Judicial System and Franco-Irish judicial cooperation in the EU context
- Recognising Refugees Online Series: Practices and Modes of Recognition
- Current issues in Irish Public Law Conference
- Complicating Rights of Nature
- PhD and Post-Doctoral Researcher Biannual Workshop
- Call for Papers for Research Workshop on Legal protection of carbon sinks in the fight against climate change: interactions between ecosystem protection and human rights
- 2023 Distinguished Guest Lecture in Employment Law
- The Assisted Decision-Making Capacity Act: implications for legal and healthcare professionals
- UCD Human Rights Centre: Research Seminar 'Music Rights as Human Rights?'
- John M Kelly Memorial Lecture
- HRER/ UCD Conference 12 June 2023: preliminary announcement and Call for Papers (deadline 13.03.23)
- Constitutional Law: An Update
- Seminars on the French Judicial System and Franco-Irish judicial cooperation in the EU context
- Virtual book launch: ‘Changing individual behaviour and culture in financial services’
- Events 2022
- Events 2021
- Events 2020
- Events 2019
- Events 2018
- Events 2017
- Events 2016
French Judicial System and Franco-Irish judicial cooperation in the EU context seminar.
UCD Sutherland School of Law is proud to be hosting two seminars by Ms Estelle Cros, French 'magistrat de liasion' (liaison judge) for the UK and Ireland.
Ms Estelle Cros has been the French Liaison judge for the UK and Ireland since 1 September 2020, after having worked at the Court of Appeal of Saint-Denis de la Réunion as an adviser in charge of the general secretariat. Between 2015 and 2018, she worked at the Ecole Nationale de la Magistrature as training coordinator and coordinator of the international dimension unit. Ms CROS is a specialist in the instruments of international mutual assistance in criminal matters due to her varied experience in overseas or cross-border jurisdictions.
Seminar 1: The French Judicial System
Friday, 25 March 2021, 1-3 pm, UCD Sutherland School of Law, CLEC Moot Court Room
In this seminar Ms Estelle Cros will discuss and will invite the participants to engage in discussions on the following topics:
- The organisation of the French courts
- The difference between administrative justice and judicial justice in the French legal system
- The main actors of the justice system (magistrate - lawyer - public officer)
- The role of the judge in France
This event is free, but registration is required. Please register at: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/296857307197
Seminar 2: Franco-Irish judicial cooperation in the EU context
Tuesday, 19 April 2021, 4-6 pm, UCD Sutherland School of Law, CLEC Moot Court Room
In this seminar, Ms Estelle Cros will presentation the main European tools for cross-border judicial cooperation and mutual assistance in civil, commercial, family and criminal matters in the EU, with an emphasis on the tools linking France and Ireland. At the end of the seminar, participants will have the chance to apply the tools discussed to various practical cases.
This event is free, but registration is required. Please register at: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/296876675127
The seminars will mostly be held in the French language, but participants can also ask questions in English.
For more information, contact email@example.com.