PhD and Post-Doctoral Researcher Biannual Workshop
- Research Workshop on Legal protection of carbon sinks in the fight against climate change
- UCD and Eversheds Sutherland Conference Friday 10 November 2023
- Recognising Refugees Online Series: Practices and Modes of Recognition
- Current issues in Irish Public Law Conference
- Complicating Rights of Nature
- PhD and Post-Doctoral Researcher Biannual Workshop
- 2023 Distinguished Guest Lecture in Employment Law
- The Assisted Decision-Making Capacity Act: implications for legal and healthcare professionals
- UCD Human Rights Centre: Research Seminar 'Music Rights as Human Rights?'
- John M Kelly Memorial Lecture
- Constitutional Law: An Update
- Seminars on the French Judicial System and Franco-Irish judicial cooperation in the EU context
- Virtual book launch: ‘Changing individual behaviour and culture in financial services’
- Events 2022
- Events 2021
- Events 2020
- HRER/ UCD Conference 12 June 2023: preliminary announcement and Call for Papers (deadline 13.03.23)
- Events 2019
- Events 2018
- Events 2017
- Events 2016
PhD and Post-Doctoral Researcher Biannual Workshops
The UCD Centre for Constitutional Studies is delighted to host biannual workshops for PhD and postdoctoral researchers at the Sutherland School of Law.
These workshops are designed to support researchers by providing a platform to connect with one another, present research in a safe space and gain valuable feedback from colleagues. They are a great opportunity to get used to articulating a research question or approach, or to practice delivering a brief presentation on the status of a project. The workshops can also be a forum to outline any difficulties encountered in a project – theoretical or practical - and to gain insights from others on how to move forward.
Each session includes presentations from two speakers –PhD candidates or postdoctoral researchers – whose research touches on any aspect of constitutional law, constitutional politics or constitutional theory. Presentations should be approximately 15 minutes long, followed by 10 minutes of feedback from the group.
Speakers will also have the option of contributing a short blog piece on their presentation topic after the workshop which will be added to the Centre’s website.
To present at a workshop, please contact either Professor Eoin Carolan, Centre Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Seána Glennon, Chief Outreach Officer, at email@example.com with a short paragraph on the proposed topic. Please include the subject line ‘Centre for Constitutional Studies PhD and Post-Doctoral Researcher Workshop’.