- Engineers Ireland’s Engineering Excellence Digital Series
- George Vathakkattil Joseph, a Ph.D. student in the School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering has come runner-up in the ThesisIn3 competition at UCD for his talk
- The Irish Laboratory Awards 2020
- Students celebrate victory at the ‘Shaping Your Future’ 3D printing innovation challenge
- UCD team wins prestigious ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge 2020
- Digital Animation for Educators
- Intel’s Colm Farrell named as Adjunct Professor at UCD
- UCD Engineers Receive 2019 NovaUCD Innovation Awards
- PlasmaBound Seals €1.1 million Investment Round
- UCD Formula Student Wins the 2020 NovaUCD Student Enterprise Competition
- Airflow video shows how easily coronavirus can be spread by coughing
- UCD volunteers use 3D printing to produce PPE for front-line COVID-19 medical staff
- UCD engineer leads Irish efforts in global race to build ventilators
- UCD-based Inventors Help Create Ingenious Solutions to Everyday Problems for Extraordinary People on Big Life Fix
- Arup UCD Engineering scholarships 2019
Digital Animation for Educators
Wednesday, 22 July, 2020
As part of the Learning Enhancement Projects Funding Scheme, the School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering is offering an intensive 3 day course on 3D animation for educators.
The course aims to teach the basics of 3D animation for the purpose of enhancing education, in particular as we become increasingly reliant on remote learning. Animation is a powerful tool that can help students understand complex topics across the range of subjects taught in UCD, not just engineering and science.
The course will use the free and open source 3D creation suite Blender (https://www.blender.org)
Some examples of videos can be found here:
The course will consist of 5 intensive sessions delivered over three days via Zoom.