- Engineers Ireland’s Engineering Excellence Digital Series
- George Vathakkattil Joseph, a Ph.D. student in the School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering has come runner-up in the ThesisIn3 competition at UCD for his talk
- The Irish Laboratory Awards 2020
- Students celebrate victory at the ‘Shaping Your Future’ 3D printing innovation challenge
- UCD team wins prestigious ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge 2020
- Digital Animation for Educators
- Intel’s Colm Farrell named as Adjunct Professor at UCD
- UCD Engineers Receive 2019 NovaUCD Innovation Awards
- PlasmaBound Seals €1.1 million Investment Round
- UCD Formula Student Wins the 2020 NovaUCD Student Enterprise Competition
- Airflow video shows how easily coronavirus can be spread by coughing
- UCD volunteers use 3D printing to produce PPE for front-line COVID-19 medical staff
- UCD engineer leads Irish efforts in global race to build ventilators
- UCD-based Inventors Help Create Ingenious Solutions to Everyday Problems for Extraordinary People on Big Life Fix
- Arup UCD Engineering scholarships 2019
The Irish Laboratory Awards 2020
Tuesday, 7 April, 2020
The Irish laboratory awards recognise excellence and achievement in the laboratory environment, covering management, innovation, collaboration, personnel development and laboratory equipment supply. whether you are a commercial, research or academic laboratory, just making the shortlist for the irish laboratory awards ensures that the scientists involved receive national recognition for their achievements.
This year UCD's Dynamic Systems and Risk Laboratory won the overall Research Laboratory of the Year 2020 and the Educational Laboratory of the Year 2020 at the Irish Laboratory Awards 2020 ceremony which took place on Thursday, March 5th, at the Ballsbridge Hotel, Dublin.
Kevin O'Driscoll, Director of Partner Programmes, BusinessRiver, presents the Academic or Research Laboratory of the Year to, Basuraj Bhowmik, Dynamical Systems and Risk Laboratory.
Mary Mullaghy, Irish Science Teachers' Association, presents the Education Laboratory of the Year award to Basuraj Bhowmik, Dynamical Systems and Risk Laboratory.
Congratulations to Vikram Pakrashi of the UCD School of Mechanical & Materials Engineering and all of his team .