Democracy Challenged is Hiring!!
- IRC Project on Quantitative text analysis in Arabic is Hiring!
- Democracy Challenged is Hiring!!
- CPCR Annual Conference 2024
- Joseph Lacey launches CDR
- Aidan Regan wins prestigious ERC Award
- CPCR Seminar: Invisible Men: The Injured Lives of Afghan Interpreters
- CDR Launch Event
- Talk4Peace/CPCR event: Mechanisms for Inclusive Dialogue in Peacebuilding
- CPCR Seminar: I have to speak - Colombia and Uganda, Dr Evelyn Pauls
- The Chinese Communist Party's Global Outreach
- CPCR publishes on "Mapping Diversity, Negotiating Differences"
- Book Launch
- SPIRe projects receive IRC Funding
- Professor David Farrell wins IRC Impact Award
- SPIRe Athena Swan Application
- James Cross awarded Jean Monnet Chair
Democracy Challenged, SPIRe's new ERC-funded project, under the leadership of Aidan Regan, is hiring!!
Democracy Challenged is a 5 year project funded by the European Research Council (ERC) to investigate the role of legal-technical power in shaping corporate tax avoidance and the wealth inequalities that undermine democracy. The project has five research objectives. First, to develop a new theoretical framework, typology and causal mechanism for studying the relationship between corporate tax avoidance, wealth inequalities and democratic capitalism. Second, to empirically map, reconstruct and explain the global tax-avoiding wealth chains of big-tech and big-pharmaceutical multinationals. Third, to explain how legal-technical experts create and sustain these tax-avoiding strategies and structures. Fourth, to examine the role of the media in democratically contesting the technocratic politics of corporate taxation. Fifth, to develop new normative principles to guide democracy-enhancing reforms.
This project is looking for Postdoctoral and Doctoral Fellows.
Senior Fellows can see the complete job specifications and details to apply by viewing Job ID 016956 and Job ID 016957 here. The closing date for applications is 28 March 2024.
Doctoral Researchers can see the job specifications and application instructions here: ERC doctoral researcher.
Thank you for your interest, and good luck!