Grants and Funding
All clubs affiliated to the AUC are eligible to apply for grants from the AUC to assist in the day to day running of the club. Grants are dependent on the money received from the University are awarded based on the applications received from each club.
In addition to annual grants the AUC may also award a special grant to a club for a specific purpose for example the purchase of a large item of equipment or the hosting of a varsities. Furthermore, individual club members may receive funding towards international student representation costs.
Full details of the different types of grants and the grant application process will be provided in Section 6 of the Club Operations Manual that is currently being updated ahead of the 2023-24 academic year.
Grants Process Documents
Other Grant and Funding Documents
Grant Process Documents & Timeline
The Grant Process for 23/24 is summarised below. This will be outlined in greater detail in the Operations Manual that is currently being updated for the 23/24 academic year. We encourage clubs to reach out and arrange a meeting [in person or via Zoom] with the Sport Office staff to go through the Grant Process if they wish.
Stage 1: Coaching / Leading Requirements
Deadline: 08 September 2023
- A list of coaches, leaders, managers must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stage 2: Upload the completed Grant Form and other documentation
Deadline: 13 October 2023
Documents must be uploaded to the Club Document Management System on InfoHub. Complete and upload the following:
- Grant Form
- UCD Sports Club Safety Manual.
- Signed parental consent forms for student members aged 18 years and under [If applicable].
- Opening & Closing bank statements for the 2022/23 year [highlight opening & closing balances].
- Paid Membership inputted in to SISWeb.
- Upload all committee members to the SISWeb Membership Management system.
- Club committee members must submit the Google Form UCD AUC Code of Conduct for Sports Club Committee Members.
Stage 3: Upload remaining Support Documentation
Deadline: 27 October 2023
Complete and upload the following:
- Senior Treasurer Nomination Form 2023/24.
- Club Annual Report 2022/23 as presented at the AGM.
- Receipts / Records of vouched coaching expenses paid in 2022/23.
- Club Development Plan.
- Copies of any insurance policies.
- Three quotations for each item valued over €3,000, from three different suppliers/ contractors for proposed equipment purchase, repair or maintenance in 2023/24.
- A copy of the completed bank mandate to operate the account for 2023/24. Where there is no change in the signatories the mandate for the previous year will apply where the club uploads a document to the system confirming same.