Grants and Funding
All clubs affiliated to the AUC are eligible to apply for grants from the AUC to assist in the day to day running of the club. Grants are dependent on the money received from the University are awarded based on the applications received from each club.
In addition to annual grants the AUC may also award a special grant to a club for a specific purpose for example the purchase of a large item of equipment or the hosting of a varsities. Furthermore, individual club members may receive funding towards international student representation costs.
Full details of the different types of grants and the grant application process is outlined in Section 6 of the Club Operations Manual.
Grants Process Documents
Other Grant and Funding Documents
Grant Process Documents & Timeline
The Grant Process for 23/24 is summarised below. This is outlined in greater detail in the Operations Manual. We encourage clubs to reach out and arrange a meeting [in person or via Zoom] with the Sport Office staff to go through the Grant Process if they wish.
Stage 1: Coaching / Leading Requirements
Deadline: 08 September 2023
- A list of coaches, leaders, managers must be sent to (opens in a new window)firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stage 2: Upload the completed Grant Form and other documentation
Deadline: 13 October 2023
Documents must be uploaded to the Club Document Management System on InfoHub / SISWeb. Complete and/or upload the following:
- Grant Form.
- UCD Sports Club Safety Manual.
- Opening & Closing bank statements for the 2022/23 year [highlight the opening & closing balances and dates on your statements].
- Paid Membership inputted in to SISWeb.
- Upload all committee members to the SISWeb Membership Management system.
- Club committee members must submit the Google Form (opens in a new window)UCD AUC Code of Conduct for Sports Club Committee Members.
- If applicable: Signed parental consent forms for student members aged 17 years and under.
Stage 3: Upload remaining Support Documentation
Deadline: 27 October 2023
Complete and/or upload the following:
- Senior Treasurer Nomination Form 2023/24.
- Club Annual Report 2022/23 as presented at the AGM.
- Club Development Plan.
- A copy of the completed Bank Mandate to operate the account for 2023/24.
- Where there is no change in the signatories the mandate for the previous year will apply where the club uploads a document to the system confirming same.
- If applicable: Receipts / Records of vouched coaching expenses paid in 2022/23.
- If applicable: Copies of any insurance policies the Club may hold.
- If applicable: Three quotations for each item valued over €3,000, from three different suppliers/contractors for proposed equipment purchase, repair or maintenance in 2023/24. The quotes can be screenshots from websites showing the item and price, a long with links to the items.