- UCD Sport in Partnership with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Sports Partnership have organised online Safeguarding 1 - Child Welfare and Basic Protection courses which will educate participants on the implementation of best practice on protecting the welfare of children involved in Sport.
- In UCD all voluntary and paid coaches, managers, activity leaders and children's officers are required to hold at a minimum a valid Safeguarding 1 certificate.
Club Officer Training
- Must be completed by 13th October 2023.
- This is an extremely important and relevant yearly training event, each club must have at least one representative present but ideally all new committee members attend.
In order to assist with the effective running of your club the following key areas are covered, including:
- UCD Sport
- UCD Athletic Union Council
- Club Banking
- Club Health and Safety
- Club Membership
- Club Grant Application
- Club Coaching Payments
- UCD Sports Facility Usage
- Other UCD Sports Facilities
- Club Training and Development
- Club Participation
- Club Communications
- GDPR For Sports Clubs
- Other Relevant Policies and Procedures
Club Safety Session
- Must be completed by October 13th 2023
- All club Safety Officers must complete this online Safety Session.
- A 60 minute overview of the UCD club safety statement requirements covering topics such as why UCD requires clubs to complete safety documentation; the UCD Sports Club Safety Manual template and how to complete it; key questions to consider when managing sports club safety and risk assessments in UCD.
Emergency First Aid
- This one day course covers a comprehensive range of topics to prepare participants to administer first aid care. Participants will learn a high level of practical skills so they can deal with situations when they arise. The course has a major emphasis on dealing with accident/injuries that occur in a sporting context. Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from Safety Ireland.
- Please note each club must have at least 1 member who is First Aid qualified.
- In May 2018 a new EU wide law, the General Data Protection Legislation (GDPR) came into force.
- GDPR strengthens individual’s rights in respect to their personal data held by organisations. Consequently, this affects all sporting organisation. To ensure all UCD Sports clubs are aware of what key data privacy measures are required to be compliant with legislation, it is mandatory that at least one committee member from your club completes this training, it is of particular interest to the person responsible for managing membership information.
Dignity and Respect - A Guide for Sports Club Officers
- To raise awareness about UCD's Dignity and Respect policies and your role in promoting them, the UCD Dignity and Respect Support Service has developed a concise guide in the form of an animated video. We highly recommend that all club committee members watch this brief animation to enhance their understanding and commitment to upholding these principles.
- Our PRO training covers a range of topics related to the role of PRO, including platforms and their benefits, free design tools, internal and external communication, security, analytics, and important policies. This training will provide you with valuable knowledge and skills that will help you excel in your role as a PRO.
- This online training is designed to equip sports club junior treasurers with essential knowledge and skills. Participants will learn how to access the club bank account, gain an understanding of basic accounting and budgeting principles, receive an overview of the grant application process, and develop good practices in financial management.