- Postgraduate Scholarships at UCD Economics
- Celebration of Peter Neary
- Diego Zambiasi wins IEA Conniffe Prize
- Diane Pelly wins Main Conference Award at the Newcastle Economics Research and Development Conference
- Peter Neary Condolence Book
- Brain for Business Podcast by Dr Vessela Daskalova
- Visit by EIB President Dr Werner Hoyer
- Academic Jobs
- Award to Professor Aisling Reynolds-Feighan
- Michael Wright attends Model WTO 2022 conference in Geneva
- Professor Ariel Rubinstein Lecture
- School of Economics Awards
- Orla Doyle Elected to IEA Presidency
- Energy Economics PhD Fellowship Opportunity
- ECA Talk on Forced Displacement
- IZA World of Labor Panel Discussion
- The Young Irish Economists Seminar Series (YIESS)
- Assistant professor post in economics of the natural resources & environment
- Two assistant professor posts in Economics
Professor Liam Delaney to take up AIB Chair of Behavioural Economics
The School of Economics and College of Social Sciences and Law are pleased to announce that Professor Liam Delaney, currently at the University of Stirling, will be joining us as AIB Professor of Behavioural Economics in January. This new post, funded by Allied Irish Banks, will promote the teaching of behavioural economics at UCD and contribute to a new research programme in this area. Liam’s research spans a wide range of interdisciplinary topics including the relationship between mental health and economic outcomes, how people make decisions over different time horizons, and the life-course determinants of decision making. We look forward to welcoming Liam in January and anticipate that his recruitment will provide a boost to research and teaching across a wide range of areas at UCD.
Selected Recent Research Highlights
“Can Survey Participation Alter Household Saving Behaviour?” Forthcoming in The Economic Journal. Co-authored with Thomas F. Crossley, Jochem de Bresser and Joachim Winter.
“Childhood Self-Control and Adult Unemployment.” Forthcoming in Psychological Science. Co-authored with Michael Daly and Mark Egan.
“Adolescent Conscientiousness Predicts Lower Lifetime Unemployment” Forthcoming in Journal of Applied Psychology. Co-authored with Michael Daly, Mark Egan, Christopher J. Boyce and Alex M. Wood.
“Voluntary Recycling Despite Disincentives” Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, 2016. Co-authored with Marie Briguglio and Alex Wood.
“Adolescent Psychological Distress, Unemployment and the Great Recession: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth 1997.” Social Science and Medicine, 2016. Co-authored with Michael Daly and Mark Egan.
“Lifetime Childlessness, Depressive Mood and Quality of Life Among Older Europeans” Social Indicators Research, 2015. Co-authored with Sarah Gibney, Mary Codd and Tony Fahey.