- Arup Scholarship Awards Ceremonies 2018
- Maxim Donates Unique Robotic Learning Factory to University College Dublin
- UCD named partner in major new EU manufacturing consortium
- Irish researchers win first prize in global 3D printing competition
- Intel awards bursaries and employee mentors to 16 UCD graduate students
- The ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge
- Children encouraged to delve into STEM as Science Apprentice series returns
- Minister launches €22 million SFI research centre focused on advanced manufacturing
- Countdown to lift-off for UCD scientists making Ireland’s first satellite
- UCD Engineers Tech start-up CALT Dynamics selected for TechStars US accelerator
- University College Dublin Wins 2018 Knowledge Transfer Ireland Impact Award
- 21st Sir Bernard Crossland Symposium
- SMARTlab PhD alumna Dr Jacki Morie is hailed internationally as a top leader in VR/AR for the future!
The ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge
Tuesday, 6 November, 2018
On Friday a team of three engineers and 1 commerce student represented UCD at the annual ESB inter colleges Challenge competition. While the team did not come out as overall winners, their pitch was very well received and they were awarded the 'best marketing' pitch.
The ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge is a fast paced event that aims to test a full range of engineering, financial and team working skills. The event is designed to encourage teams to apply their knowledge to develop innovative, creative and commercially focused solutions to real life challenges.
The winning team is offered placements within ESB and sponsored to represent their college at the Engineering and Commerce Case Competition. Runners-up prizes include iPads and Summer Placements with ESB.