- Engineering Centenary Celebrations
- CIGRE Young Member Showcase
- UCD Researchers Develop a “Pallet-Integrated” Wireless Dynamometer for CNC Machines
- 3D printing competition invites you to ‘Shape the Future’ for a sustainable world
- The 2nd AET Symposium on SMART and ACSM Manufacturing (AET2019)
- Mechanical Engineering Lecturer is Keynote Speaker at UCD Annual Teaching and Learning Conference
- Eight UCD schools win Athena SWAN awards for gender equality commitment
- Controlling Moving and Shaking for Better Space Travel and Horse Training
- Novel “Direct Part Marking” Technology
- SFI Research Centre hosts EU Industry Day session on advanced manufacturing
- Towards Mass Production for Precision Micro/Nano Devices
- Research to improve welding process for manufacturing industries
- Top Irish jockeys back UCD engineers use of race footage to crack future helmet design
- €8 Million in government funding awarded by SEAI to innovative energy research projects across Ireland
CIGRE Young Member Showcase
Monday, 30 September, 2019
The Young Member showcase is a major event in the NGN’s calendar and it is the largest CIGRE Ireland event dedicated to young members. It gives young members a chance to present their work in front of industry experts and to win a sponsored trip to next year’s Paris session!
How to Participate?
To have a chance of presenting at the YM showcase you need to submit a 500-word abstract by October 4th to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Note: CIGRE membership is free for anybody in full-time education and is ONLY required for those competing in the showcase. A young member is any member under 35 or with less than 10 years of experience. You can register after submitting the abstract. Previous work can also be submitted (e.g. thesis and scientific papers).
Flexibility in the Irish Energy System
Future energy systems will require enough flexibility to integrate renewable energy resources in a cost-effective and scalable manner. Flexibility sources will need to be exploited across generation, transmission, distribution and end-use energy demand.
The afternoon session will have industry experts from SmartWires, ESB, GlenDimplex, Enel X and Eirgrid discussing ways of enhancing system flexibility.
Register for the event for free here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cigre-young-member-showcase-flexibility-workshop-tickets-73241414041
Registrations close 1 week before the event date (14th October)!
Please see the attached poster for more details. If you have any questions, please email Valentin Rigoni or Anjukan Kathirgamanathan