Student Partnership Programme
University for All has launched the Student Partnership Programme to directly involve students in the work of breaking down barriers to inclusion in UCD through Universal Design. Recognising “Nothing About us, Without us”, the Programme seeks to foster genuine and meaningful partnership with students; empowering them to advocate for a more inclusive university experience for all.
Since the launch of the Student Partnership Programme in September 2023, our 8 student partners have been working behind the scenes on breaking down barriers to inclusion and diversity in UCD through Universal Design. During weekly meetings, discussions on 'busting the myth of the average student' have been at the forefront of conversation. The student partners have been featured on a social media campaign, sharing examples of Universal Design across the UCD campus which has seen great engagement. 'Train the Trainer' coaching took place in September and in the new year, the student partners will facilitate Universal Design for Inclusion training for their fellow students. In the coming weeks, planning for the University for All Roadshow 2024 will begin. Keep up to date on (opens in a new window)Instagram for more from the Student Partners!
The eight Student Partners for this programme are:
- Zara Brennan - English, Drama & Film
- Hasan Khan - Engineering Science
- Elysa Lim - Pharmacology
- Phan Ngoc Nhi An - Commerce
- Alan O'Donnell - Mechanical Engineering
- Grace O'Donnell - Psychology
- Katie O'Sullivan - Law with Politics
- Miruna Surugiu - History
Play your part in a University for All
Every member of UCD's community is responsible for inclusion - that includes you as a student! Here's what you can do:
- Be respectful of everyone in our community and always treat others with dignity. This includes the way we speak with and about one another
- Chat with other students and step outside your comfort zone. Talk to anyone you observe standing alone or who appears anxious and strike up a conversation. This is how we create a welcoming environment.
- Don’t make assumptions about others. Although we are all here now, you never know what path someone else has took to get here. By being open minded, we can learn a lot from others.
- Remember that everyone is different and to acknowledge that we all can learn from each other, particularly those that are different from ourselves.