2016 News Archive
- UCD SBFE Professors named highly cited researchers by Thomson Reuters
- Real or Artificial Trees
- Da-Wen Sun New President
- Prof Nick Holden invited to give plenary presentation
- Associate Professor Aoife Gowen contributes to Science
- UCD SBFE hosted 10th International Conference on LCA
- UCD Agricultural Systems Technology course features on RTE Radio 1
- Harvesting Knowledge from Big Data in Agriculture
- UCD SBFE Researchers attend Interagency Meeting
- UCD Researcher featured in Soil Science Society of America
- Launch of new UCD Hyperspectral Imaging
- UCD School of Biosystems and Food Engineering Welcome
- UCD Engineering Graduates Association Gold Medal
- UCD leads €8m Horizon 2020 AgroCycle project
- Professor Da-Wen Sun given Title of CIGR Honorary President
- Chinese Vice-Minister Tan Tianxing Visits UCD
- Colm O Donnell and Thomson Reuters
- Dr Aoife Gowen awarded prestigious ERC Starting Grant
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected Fellow of IAFoST
- Using Wireless Sensors to Improve Poultry Production
- Biosystems Engineering receives Award in Montreal
Which are greener, real or artificial Christmas trees?
Wednesday, 7 December, 2016
Are you still undecided regarding whether or not to buy a real tree this christmas?
An artificial tree will last but it lacks the smell that a lot of us associate with a Christmas tree.
The Irish Times put sentiment aside and had a look at this argument from a purely scientific point of view with a little help from Dr. Fionnuala Murphy at UCD's School of Biosystems and Food Engineering.
Full article here.