UCD Get Sun Smarter Event
Date: 9-10th April 2019
Location: O’Brien Centre for Science, UCD
Join us for our 2nd annual ‘Get Sun Smarter’ awareness event, 11am – 2pm on 9th & 10th April in the O’Brien Centre for Science East, UCD.
This free event is open to all UCD students and staff and will include:
- The latest Melanoma research findings from Systems Biology Ireland, UCD Charles Institute and Conway Institute researchers, with a microscope demonstration of what melanoma looks like up close.
- Information and guidance on how to look after your skin in the sun from the Irish Skin Foundation.
- An amazing lecture talk entitled, ‘Killer Tan: The Sun and your Skin’, by renowned Consultant Dermatologist, Dr. Patrick Ormond, in the George Moore Auditorium E0.08, O’Brien Centre for Science East, on 10th April at 12PM.
- A fun way to check your faces previous history of sun exposure, courtesy of the Irish Cancer Society.
- Free sunscreen samples
- Competitions with fabulous prizes, including RayBans from the Sunglass Hut & two vouchers for BigStyle, Adventure company.
https://irishskin.ie/ucd-get-sun-smarter/ #UCDGetSunSmarter #MelanomaAwareness #OneSkin #ProtectandInspect