Full Time option suitable for:
Domestic(EEA) applicants: Yes
International (Non EEA) applicants currently residing outside of the EEA Region: Yes
Candidates may apply for admission to the PhD programme if they have the following:
1. Primary Degree
- Candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, with upper second-class honours or international equivalent.
- Or a Higher Diploma in Psychology with at least upper second-class honours
- We will also consider applicants with at least an upper second-class honours degree in a cognate area that provides appropriate background to their proposed research programme.
2. Graduate Degree
- Direct entry to the PhD programme requires candidates to have obtained:
- An upper second-class honours in a Master’s degree.
- Or at least three years’ experience in a field relevant to your PhD topic.
- Without a graduate degree, successful applicants will be first registered to the MLitt research degree with a view to transferring to the PhD programme after one year.
English Language Requirements
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 7.0 (no band less than 6.5 in each element), or equivalent.