- €257,000 allocated to 24 UCD projects in STEM Challenge Fund
- ERC Starting Grants Awarded to UCD Researchers in Humanities and Engineering
- Prof Niall English receives ERC Advanced Grant to optimise nanobubble technology for diverse end applications
- ERC Proof of Concept Grant for UCD Researcher exploring macromolecular crowding in cell culture systems
- SDG Academy and University College Dublin launch new Master’s Pathway in Foundations of Sustainable Development
- Engineers Ireland Accreditation May 31st 2023
- UCD researcher receives ERC funding to unlock insights into pig-to-human heart transplants
- Biomedical Engineering Innovator Receives 2023 NovaUCD Innovation Champion of the Year Award
- Inventor of Disruptive Biosensors with Industrial Bioprocessing Applications Receives 2023 NovaUCD Invention of the Year Award
- seamlessCARE Receives 2023 NovaUCD Spin-Out of the Year Award
- Prof Francesco Pilla launches new bike libraries for Dublin primary schools
- Launch of WATSON Project at UCD
- UCD's Livija Vasilenkaite - First Prize Winner #ThisIsEngineering2023
- Minister Harris and Commissioner McGuinness announce first recipients under the €65M National Challenge Fund
- Séamus McDermott receives his Honorary Doctorate
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1952) - The Final Days
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1952) - Part 3
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1952) - Part 2
- College researchers recognised in UCD Research Impact Competition
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1952)
- Arup Scholarship Presentation 2022
- UCD wins Higher Education Partnership of the Year Award at the Asia Matters Business Awards
- Dr Amiya Pandit wins the Thomas Mitchell Medal
- RIBA Stirling Prize 2022
- 2022 News Archive
- 2021 News Archive
- 2020 News Archive
- 2019 News Archive
- 2018 News Archive
- 2017 News Archive
- 2016 News Archive
- Building the State
- A Centenary Celebration
Planning Futures - a programme of events to celebrate 50 years of planning education in UCD.
Wednesday, 19 October, 2016
This year sees UCD Planning celebrate its 50th anniversary. Established in 1966, UCD Planning has a long legacy of excellence in education and research and is imprinted on the development of the planning profession in Ireland and beyond.
To mark this milestone, UCD Planning is preparing a programme of events for the forthcoming 2016/17 academic year themed as Planning Futures. The aim of this programme is to celebrate UCD Planning’s contribution to the development of the profession in Ireland, to the subject of planning, and to stimulate debate about the role it can play in addressing future challenges in line with the Planning Futures theme.
The first event will take place on Thursday October 20th at 4pm in the Planning Building. UCD Professor of Spatial Planning Zorica Nedovic-Budic will officially open the series and introduce guests contributing as both speakers and panellists on the topic of Urban Design: from visions to reality. Confirmed contributors to the first event include the world renowned Professor of Urban Design, Ali Madanipour from Newcastle University; town planner, urbanist and past president of the RTPI, Kevin Murray of Glasgow University and Kevin Murray Associates; and planner, urban designer and conservationist, Dr. Michael Short from the Bartlett School at University College London. This event will be chaired by the former Dublin City Planner and urbanist, Dick Gleeson.
Subsequent events are scheduled throughout the year, being hosted in Richview (or city centre locations) and concerned with such issues as transport, smart cities, rural development, green cities, and reflections about planning in Ireland.
Further details will be available at: http://www.ucd.ie/apep/about/regionalandurbanplanning/planningfutures/