Medicine application information
Please see below for application information which is specific to the following programmes:
Medicine Graduate Entry (MDS9)
You should submit your application as early as possible. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, in line with the round deadlines listed below. Once applications are reviewed, some candidates may be scheduled for interview. We receive a high volume of applications and competition for places on the Medicine programmes is intense.
For programmes commencing in September 2019, applications will be accepted from 01 October 2018 to 01 July 2019* and will be reviewed after the relevant round deadline listed below (Please note that these are provisional dates and are subject to change):
*Visa required applicants must have applied by Round 3 (20 May 2019) in order to be considered.
- Round 1 Deadline: 08 January 2019
• Round 2 Deadline: 25 March 2019
• Round 3 Deadline: 20 May 2019
• Round 4 Deadline: 01 July 2018
You will receive an update on your application by the following dates:
- Round 1(applications completed by 08 January) – 12 February 2019
• Round 2 (applications completed by 25 March) – 19 April 2019
• Round 3 (applications completed by 20 May) – 24 June 2019
• Round 4 (applications completed by 01 July) – 23 August 2019
Please note: Due to the competitive nature of the Medicine programmes and volume of applications received, we are not in a position to respond to requests for updates on the status of your application. Individual canvassing will disqualify your application. Applicants who do not meet the Entry Requirements may receive a decision sooner than the dates listed above.
Important points to note:
- We apply the same selection criteria throughout the year but competition for places is greatest in the final rounds, so you should complete your application as soon as possible.
- Application stage is determined by when your application is complete, not when it is submitted. Your application will not be reviewed until all required supporting documentation is uploaded to your online application and the application fee is paid.