Urgenda Foundation Event
- Research Workshop on Legal protection of carbon sinks in the fight against climate change
- UCD and Eversheds Sutherland Conference Friday 10 November 2023
- Recognising Refugees Online Series: Practices and Modes of Recognition
- Current issues in Irish Public Law Conference
- Complicating Rights of Nature
- PhD and Post-Doctoral Researcher Biannual Workshop
- 2023 Distinguished Guest Lecture in Employment Law
- The Assisted Decision-Making Capacity Act: implications for legal and healthcare professionals
- UCD Human Rights Centre: Research Seminar 'Music Rights as Human Rights?'
- John M Kelly Memorial Lecture
- Constitutional Law: An Update
- Seminars on the French Judicial System and Franco-Irish judicial cooperation in the EU context
- Virtual book launch: ‘Changing individual behaviour and culture in financial services’
- Events 2022
- Events 2021
- Events 2020
- HRER/ UCD Conference 12 June 2023: preliminary announcement and Call for Papers (deadline 13.03.23)
- Events 2019
- Events 2018
- Events 2017
- Events 2016
In 2015 the Urgenda Foundation won a landmark lawsuit in which the Dutch government was ordered to increase its greenhouse gas emission reduction efforts. Since then, cases have been launched all over the world against insufficient climate policies, most recently also in Ireland (Friends of the Irish Environment v Ireland).
Dennis van Berkel, legal counsel for the Urgenda Foundation, will explore the law in this area and will comment on how this new wave of climate litigation can be a powerful tool in the global efforts to avert dangerous climate change.
Eligible for 1 hour CPD. Light refreshments will be served after the event.
Hosted by UCD Sutherland School of Law and UCD Earth Institute.
Attendance is Free but guests are asked to register here.