Who is this course for?
This course is for all staff members who wish to equip themselves with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively identify, engage, and manage stakeholders in a project. On completion of the course, learners will have the skills to: conduct a stakeholder analysis, develop a stakeholder map, and influence and persuade stakeholders.
How long is this course?
The course duration is 3.5 hours.
What topics will be covered?
- Introduction to stakeholder management and its importance
- Types of stakeholders and their roles - stakeholder analysis process
- Strategies for effective stakeholder engagement
- Techniques for clear stakeholder communication
- Managing and resolving stakeholder conflicts - negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Measuring stakeholder satisfaction and success
This course is highly practical and interactive and includes discussions and activities based on real world scenarios. The trainer will also encourage learners to bring in their own experience and discuss practical, local examples where relevant.
Do I need to prepare anything before or after the session?
To gain the maximum benefit from the course each learner will be asked to answer a Reflective Questionnaire. The questions will encourage them to think about their past experiences with stakeholders, challenges they have faced, and areas where they would like to improve.
Before the course begins each learner will also receive a 3-2-1 Personal Action Plan template. Post-training, participants will be led through a short reflective activity which will allow each learner to use this template to record:
- Three things they learned/were reminded about during training
- Two things they want to action based on the session
- One thing they are going to action this week.
For details of upcoming events or to book your place on available courses, please visit the HR - Professional Development booking centre If your chosen course is fully booked or no longer available, you can access the UCD LinkedIn learning portal via your UCD Connect login where you will find a range of eLearning courses.
If you have any further queries on this programme, please contact email@example.com or call ext 4919.