Who is this course for?
This course is for all staff members who wish to equip themselves with the tools and techniques needed to better manage their time, work smarter not harder and increase individual and team productivity.
The course will focus on how to prioritise your workload and avoid distractions to reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed. We will look at techniques to help learners make sure all their day-to-day tasks are complete and nothing is overlooked.
By the end of the course each learner will be able to:
- Identify and avoid their own personal time stealers
- Understand the importance of creating time to plan
- Apply a robust decision making process that works
- Know when and how to say ‘NO' assertively
- Reduce stress and improve their well-being by being more in control of their workload
How long is this course?
The course duration is 3.5 hours.
What topics will be covered?
- Your role responsibilities and priorities
- Identifying your personal time stealers
- Dealing with common distractions - Interruptions/emails/phone calls
- Techniques so all day to day tasks are complete and nothing is overlooked
- Planning tools and techniques - tasks; to do lists; daily plans
- Prioritising tools and techniques - urgent versus important
- Decision Making processes
Do I need to prepare anything before or after the session?
To gain the maximum benefit from the course each learner will be asked to complete a weeks’ worth of time sheets to see if they are productively planning their time and getting the most out of their work day.
Before the course begins each learner will also receive a 3-2-1 Personal Action Plan template.
Post-training, participants will be led through a short reflective activity which will allow each learner to use this template to record:
- Three things they learned/were reminded about during training
- Two things they want to action based on the session
- One thing they are going to action this week.
For details of upcoming events or to book your place on available courses, please visit the HR - Professional Development booking centre If your chosen course is fully booked or no longer available, you can access the UCD LinkedIn learning portal via your UCD Connect login where you will find a range of eLearning courses.
If you have any further queries on this programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext 4919.