Training/ Upcoming Training
- Biosafety Training
- Chemical Safety Training
- Cryogenic Safety Training
- Fieldwork SafetyTraining
- Fire Extinguisher/ Fire Safety Course
- Fire Marshal Training
- First Aid Response Training Course
- First Aid Response Refresher Course
- Heartsaver CPR/AED (Automated External Defibrillator) Training
- Ionising Radiation Safety
- Manual Handling
- Nanomaterials Safety
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Induction Training
Introduction to Biosafety
Aimed at: Faculty, Research staff, Technical Officers and Postgraduate Students
This course introduces participants to Biological Safety and is suitable for all staff and postgraduate students who work with biological agents as part of their role.
The course provides information on the statutory requirements for working with biological agents and information on the practical aspects of working safely with biological agents in the laboratory setting.
At the end of the course participants will have an understanding of the principles of biological safety, the statutory requirements when working with biological agents, and will be able to conduct risk assessments on the safe use of biological agents within the laboratory in accordance with the requirements of relevant legislation and best practice.
- Biological Safety legislation
- Key aspects of Biological Safety
- Classification and containment of biological agents
- Risk reduction strategies
- Biological agent risk assessment
- Waste management
Duration: 50 minutes
Please register your interest for this course HERE
Interested applicants will be notified in advance as to when this course will be taking place.
Recommended Course to Complete with this Training: Risk Assessment Training