Safety Induction Training
- Biosafety Training
- Chemical Safety Training
- Cryogenic Safety Training
- Fieldwork SafetyTraining
- Fire Extinguisher/ Fire Safety Course
- Fire Marshal Training
- First Aid Response Training Course
- First Aid Response Refresher Course
- Heartsaver CPR/AED (Automated External Defibrillator) Training
- Ionising Radiation Safety
- Manual Handling
- Nanomaterials Safety
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Induction Training
Introduction to Safety Induction Training
Aimed at: Staff and Postgraduate Students
This course is designed to give all staff and postgraduate students introductory information on health and safety, including an overview of what the University’s safety policies and procedures are.
At the end of the course participants should be aware of the role of the SIRC Office, the comprehensive number of health and safety guidance documents which the SIRC Office have produced and the training available from the SIRC Office. Participants will be introduced to workplace health and safety legislation and will gain knowledge of the safety documentation structure in UCD along with the University’s various safety policies and procedures. This training will also help participants to decide, in conjunction with their line manager, what further training and safety specific advice they may require as part of their role.
- Safety Management in UCD
- Workplace Health and Safety
- UCD Emergency Response Procedures
- Other Resources and Supports
Duration: <15 minutes
Steps to accessing UCD Safety Induction Training on Brightspace:
1. Go to https://brightspace.ucd.ie/ and login using your UCD Connect login and password
2. Click on 'Explore' on header options
3. Select the 'UCD Safety Induction Training'
4. Select option to 'Enroll in Course'
5. Select option to 'Open Course'
6. Select 'My Learning' from header options
7. 'UCD Safety Induction Training' will appear under learning materials on the left hand side of the screen.