Introduction to Manual Handling
Aimed at: All Staff and Postgraduate Students
This training programme is aimed at those staff and Postgraduate Students who may be involved in lifting or moving objects and/or materials as part of their work duties. Refresher training will be at intervals not more than every three years and when there is any major change in the work, loads, activity or equipment used.
At the end of the course participants will be able to recognise potentially hazardous handling operations, competently carry out manual handling risk assessments, implement appropriate risk reduction methods and apply good handling technique in accordance with the principles of safe manual handling.
- Legislation on Safety and Health, specifically in the area of manual handling
- Structure and Function of the Spine
- Risk Factors for Back Injuries and Maintaining a Healthy Back
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Risk Reductions
- Principles of Safe Manual Handling
- Practical Participation of Lifting Techniques
- Manual Handling Techniques and Lifts and Solutions
Duration: 3 hours
Please register your interest for this course (opens in a new window)HERE
Interested applicants will be notified in advance as to when this course will be taking place.
Recommended Course to Complete with this Training: Risk Assessment Training