1) Prospective PhD students contact the supervisor directly (informally) and discuss their project/ formulation of a 1000-1500 word proposal (including proposed methodology)
2) The student is then invited to submit a full application to SLCL (firstname.lastname@example.org). The requirements are as follows:
a) cover letter
b) full CV
c) writing sample
d) two references
e) thesis project proposal (1000-1500 words plus indicative bibliography)
3) Once an application is fully complete online, SLCL office sends this full submission to both supervisor and Head of Graduate Studies.
4) If accepted by SLCL, SLCL will manually add the applicant to the central UCD applications system to create a student record.
5) If rejected, the student will be provided with feedback on their application/ proposal. This may on occasion include a suggestion to rework their proposal with a view to resubmitting in 6 months/ 12 months.
Please find more information on: http://www.ucd.ie/slcl/study/mlittphd/#