Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility
Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility (ICM) is a global scholarship and exchange programme funded by the European Union. The initiative supports the academic mobility of students and staff between Programme Countries (Europe) and Partner Countries (the rest of the world).
Every year, UCD has the opportunity to apply for Erasmus+ ICM funding in partnership with institutions around the world. The funding obtained provides scholarships to students and staff to work or study with one of our partner universities. This year, UCD secured has over €129,000 in Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility funding to support the academic mobility of students and staff over the next 2 years.
Who is eligible?
Erasmus+ ICM grants are available to:
- UCD undergraduate, masters and doctoral students to study abroad at Erasmus+ partner institutions
- Undergraduate, masters and doctoral students in Erasmus+ partner institutions to come to UCD
- UCD academic staff (teaching staff*) and administrative staff ("training staff") to spend a period of teaching and/or training at Erasmus+ partner institutions
- Academic and administrative staff from Erasmus+ partner institutions to come to UCD.
*Teaching staff are required to teach 8 hours per week at the host institution.
What does the funding cover?
Each selected individual participant gets a travel contribution (between €360 and €1,500) based on the distance between the sending and receiving institution. In addition, each grantee receives a stipend based on the type and duration of grant they have been awarded. The rates* for the 2018-2020 project are as follows:
- Incoming and outgoing staff: €180 per day for the first 14 days – for days 15 to 60, it is 70% (€126) of the daily rate
- Incoming students to Ireland: €900 per month
- Outgoing students from Ireland: €700 per month
If you have a disability and require extra financial support to make your mobility possible, please advise the Erasmus+ ICM coordinator at the time of application as extra funding may be available.
Your ICM Timeline
September - November
Applications are open to UCD Staff (teaching and training)
December - January
Applications will be reviewed
Applications are submitted to the Higher Education Authority (HEA)
May - June
Applicants notified if their application was successful
June - July
Inter-institutional agreements signed by both institutions
Mobilities can take place
Take the Next Step
Contact us today for more information