- New Microneedle Platform Technology
- 5th UK & Ireland FOAM/OpenFOAM User Day
- Science Apprentice
- Neograft Teams with CÚRAM Research Group
- Ciara Giles Doran won a silver medal at SSRA16
- Fengzhou Fang
- Dr Peter Theobald will present research on novel material structures
- Image Guided Navigation in Airways - Monday 18th April, 1pm, room 204
- MME PhD takes pride of place in UCD's Women's GAA
- Traumatic Brain Injury seminar - Monday 7th March, room 204
- Industrial giant Bekaert launches University Technology Centre in UCD
- Engineers Journal to run series of articles from UCD
- 5th year student braves dragons on Hackathon winning team
- PhD student, Kevin Doherty, wins the IOM3 World Lecture Competition.
- UCD students win ESB Engineering Challenge…again!
- UCD getting ready for launch – MASER 13 rocket featured on SSW
- Presenting in the Dragon’s Den – Barry Brophy meets Bobby Kerr
- UCD to take lead on European Space Agency project
- Biomedical Engineering awarded EU funding for diabetes research.
5th UK & Ireland FOAM/OpenFOAM User Day
Wednesday, 14 December, 2016
We are pleased to announce that the 5th UK & Ireland FOAM/OpenFOAM User Day will be held in the School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, University College Dublin, on Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th January 2017. More details, including registration (the event is free), can be found at the website:
OpenFOAM is a widely used open-source Computational Fluid Dynamics and Multi-physics software with a growing user community. The event will follow a similar structure to previous meetings, where the first day will consist of training sessions, and the second day will have presentations of recent work and developments.
There will be training from OpenFOAM gurus Prof. Hrvoje Jasak and Prof. Gavin Tabor, as well as a presentation by Fred Mendonça, Director of ESI-Open CFD Global Operations. At the end of the second day a "bird-of-a-feather" session will give the participants a possibility for discussion and sharing. There will also be an opportunity to meet up for dinner on the Monday evening in Dublin city centre.