- New Microneedle Platform Technology
- 5th UK & Ireland FOAM/OpenFOAM User Day
- Science Apprentice
- Neograft Teams with CÚRAM Research Group
- Ciara Giles Doran won a silver medal at SSRA16
- Fengzhou Fang
- Dr Peter Theobald will present research on novel material structures
- Image Guided Navigation in Airways - Monday 18th April, 1pm, room 204
- MME PhD takes pride of place in UCD's Women's GAA
- Traumatic Brain Injury seminar - Monday 7th March, room 204
- Industrial giant Bekaert launches University Technology Centre in UCD
- Engineers Journal to run series of articles from UCD
- 5th year student braves dragons on Hackathon winning team
- PhD student, Kevin Doherty, wins the IOM3 World Lecture Competition.
- UCD students win ESB Engineering Challenge…again!
- UCD getting ready for launch – MASER 13 rocket featured on SSW
- Presenting in the Dragon’s Den – Barry Brophy meets Bobby Kerr
- UCD to take lead on European Space Agency project
- Biomedical Engineering awarded EU funding for diabetes research.
Ciara Giles Doran wins a silver medal at SSRA16
Monday, 24 October, 2016
Summer research intern Ciara Giles Doran received the Silver Medal Award at the 2016 U.C.D. Student Summer Research Awards (SSRA) Symposium, which took place on Thursday, October 13th in the U.C.D. O’Brien Centre for Science.
Starting in June 2016, Ciara worked under the supervision of Dr. Eoin O’Cearbhaill, and co-supervision of Dr. Shane Keaveny as part of the U.C.D. Medical Device Design Group. She presented her project “Development of Durable, User-Specific, 3D-Printed Ankle Foot Orthosis” as one of eight finalists from a pool of over 100 research projects.
The SSRA program takes a multidisciplinary approach, providing undergraduate Health Science and Biomedical Engineering students an opportunity to undertake an 8-week supervised research project within U.C.D. laboratories and/or affiliated clinical sites.
Ciara’s research was funded by the Health Research Board.