- New Microneedle Platform Technology
- 5th UK & Ireland FOAM/OpenFOAM User Day
- Science Apprentice
- Neograft Teams with CÚRAM Research Group
- Ciara Giles Doran won a silver medal at SSRA16
- Fengzhou Fang
- Dr Peter Theobald will present research on novel material structures
- Image Guided Navigation in Airways - Monday 18th April, 1pm, room 204
- MME PhD takes pride of place in UCD's Women's GAA
- Traumatic Brain Injury seminar - Monday 7th March, room 204
- Industrial giant Bekaert launches University Technology Centre in UCD
- Engineers Journal to run series of articles from UCD
- 5th year student braves dragons on Hackathon winning team
- PhD student, Kevin Doherty, wins the IOM3 World Lecture Competition.
- UCD students win ESB Engineering Challenge…again!
- UCD getting ready for launch – MASER 13 rocket featured on SSW
- Presenting in the Dragon’s Den – Barry Brophy meets Bobby Kerr
- UCD to take lead on European Space Agency project
- Biomedical Engineering awarded EU funding for diabetes research.
MME PhD takes pride of place in UCD's Women's GAA
Monday, 27 June, 2016
Bo Zhang, working with Professor Lizbeth Goodman, SMARTlab, was featured on RTE last week as one of the players for the UCD International Women's Team who won the Silver Medal at the 2015 Fexco Asian Gaelic Games in Shanghai.
PhD candidate Bo Zhang arrived from China to UCD to begin her PhD on a CSC Scholarship in September 2013. Her research for her Masters Degree in China focussed on Educational Technologies, which led her to seek a place studying Virtual Worlds for Learning with Professor Lizbeth Goodman of SMARTlab. Now based in MME, Bo and the SMARTlab team are developing a new 3d Virtual UCD collaboratory, featuring a set of online collaborative Online Virtual Games table for prospective and new Chinese students to familiarise themselves with UCD and life in Ireland, prior to their arrival on campus.
Bo was featured on RTE this week, as one of the players (forward position) for the UCD International Women's Team who won the Silver Medal at the 2015 Fexco Asian Gaelic Games in Shanghai.
She is now planning to put together an all-Chinese Women's GAA team for UCD.
Bo's research builds upon the novel virtual world platforms developed by SMARTlab and partners, and focusses on enabling cross-cultural collaborative learning between China and Ireland. Bois proficient in computer languages C & Java and has also studied Python, as well as developing skills in 3D design, AI for games and web design. She is co-designing the collaborative games tables with the team and with Chinese students, in collaboration with the Confucius Institute and with the assistance of the International Office, as part of her methodology of inclusive community co-design.
RTE news feature - http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0405/779718-video-gaa-world-games-launch/