Music and Math Cognition Laboratory
Research Centres and Laboratories
- Attention & Memory Laboratory
- Baby lab
- CBT for Young People
- Classification & Attribution Laboratory
- Cognitive & Translational Neuroscience
- Contextual Behavioural Science Laboratory
- Eye Tracking and ImageryResearch Laboratory
- Helping Kids!
- Neuropsychology Laboratory
- Music and Math Cognition Laboratory
- Media & Entertainment Laboratory
- Perception Laboratory
- Psychology of Psychosis
- Youth Mental Health Laboratory
- Resilience & Health Laboratory.
- Laboratory Bookings
The UCD Music and Math Cognition Lab examines through behavioural, experimental and neuroscience approaches, the factors that impact maths learning, e.g., home learning environment, maths anxiety and developmental dyscalculia. Moreover, the Lab is focused on Music Science, including affective and cognitive aspects related to music listening and music playing, for instance, the anxiety of music performance or the effect of music on cognition. The Lab is led by Dr Flavia H. Santos andwelcomes undergraduate and graduate researchers at all levels. The Arithmos Project is the lab's flagship research funded by the Irish Research Council. Further info: https://thearithmosproject.wixsite.com/home
- Dr. Flavia Santosis a neuroscientist, Assistant Professor and Ad Astra Fellow at University College Dublin, School of Psychology. She is a nominated Research Fellow at the Geary Institute of Public Policy and Chair Elected of the MCLS, Mathematical Cognition and Learning Society. Dr Santos is featured as a Rising Star by the UCD Institute for Discovery and interviewed by Cambridge Mathematics. She advocates for women in STEM.
- Dr Mariuche Gomides
- Sophie Leonard
Social Media: Twitter, Instagram
Video - Facing a fear of maths - learning strategies to deal with maths anxiety for kids