Degree GPA Calculation
- Stage 2 Subject Selection & FAQs
- Repeat and Non-Standard Students
- Support for Science Students
- Information on BSc (General Science) Degree
- Degree GPA Calculation
- Extenuating Circumstances
- Erasmus and Non EU Exchange
- Transfer Students
- Stage 3 Subject Selection
- Registration Queries
- Science Awards
Students will have their degree GPA calculated on the basis of their performance in the final and penultimate stages of the programme. For a four year programme, this means that your final degree GPA will be calculated on Stages 3 and 4, and for a three year programme (BSc General Science) on Stages 2 and 3. The award will be based 70% on your final stage and 30% on your penultimate stage.
- If a student spends a single semester (either Semester 1 or Semester 2) on exchange, then only the credits earned in UCD will contribute towards a Stage 3 GPA. The block of credit earned while on exchange will be GPA neutral.
- If a student successfully completes all of Stage 3 while on exchange, their degree GPA will be calculated on Stage 4 only.
- If a student has been on exchange for a full academic year and opts to exit with the 180 credit BSc (General Science), the degree award calculation will be on the basis of Stages 1 and 2 (30:70).
In the BAFS programme the final degree GPA is also calculated on the GPAs of the final and penultimate stages of the programme (unweighted) and based on modules, including elective modules, that the student completes and passes to satisfy the credit requirements of these stages.
Note: The Work Placement module in Stage 3 (30 credits) will not contribute to the calculation of the overall GPA.