Dr Edmond Harty appointed as Adjunct Full Professor
2017 News Archive
- Prof Sun Elected as a Foreign Member of Polish Academy of Sciences
- Dr Edmond Harty awarded prestigious Parsons Medal
- SwiftComply wins Startup World Cup qualifier
- UCD Engineering PhD student chosen as Climate Change Ambassador
- International Soil Quality Evaluation Workshop
- A fresh look at freezing foods: new technology to preserve nutrients
- SBFE PhD Student wins AGMET Austin Bourke Bronze medal
- Getting up close with chemistry
- Glendalough Field Trip & Beach Clean Up
- Two UCD academics receive a 2017-2018 Fulbright Irish Award
- UCD SBFE Postdoctorates Judge local SciFest@School Competition
- Retirement of Tony Fitzpatrick Sr Technical Officer in the UCD SBFE
- TRACE Water JPI Workshop
- Workshop on Grassland and Tillage Visual Soil Evaluation
- Dr Edmond Harty appointed as Adjunct Full Professor
- Three SBFE lecturers recipients of UCD Teaching Awards.
- UCD SBFE Professor Interviewed by Silicon Republic
- Annual Research Seminar Prizes Presented
- UCD SBFE Hosts ESAI / EPA Workshop
- UCD SBFE Assoc Professor Featured in Irish Times Article
- First Research Paper and ACA Featured Article of Professor Da-Wen Sun on Terahertz Imaging Applications Published
- UCD SBFE Lecturer contributes to Irish Times article
- UCD SBFE Assoc Prof Aoife Gowen featured in "Women on Walls" Campaign
Dr Edmond Harty appointed as Adjunct Full Professor in the UCD College of Engineering and Architecture
Dr Edmond Harty, CEO of Dairymaster, has been appointed Adjunct Full Professor in the School of Biosystems and Food Engineering at UCD College of Engineering and Architecture.
Dr Harty has a strong background in engineering and science, and is regarded as one of the world’s pioneers in agricultural technology. He has an impressive track record of combining leading research with successful commercialisation of the resulting intellectual property. He has filed over 90 patent applications and developed a multi-disciplinary innovation focused company of more than 350 people. He has received many international awards for his research and is a former EY Entrepreneur of the Year.
The UCD School of Biosystems and Food Engineering seeks opportunities for their students to interact with and learn from leading professionals in their field. Dr Harty’s appointment will provide students with an unrivalled opportunity to learn from a global innovator in an exciting engineering area.
Welcoming the appointment today of Dr Harty to the positon of Adjunct Full Professor, Professor Colm O’Donnell, Head of UCD School of Biosystems and Food Engineering said:
“UCD has prioritised research on manufacturing and agri-food research. The appointment of Dr Harty who has an excellent international track record in engineering and innovation will further strengthen UCD’s expertise in engineering design, innovation and entrepreneurship. Dr Harty will make a valuable contribution to our School’s research and teaching programmes including UCD’s new undergraduate programme in Agricultural Systems Technology.”
Speaking today on his appointment, Dr Harty said: “It is an honour for me to join the School of Biosystems and Food Engineering as Adjunct Full Professor. As a UCD postgraduate engineering student some 15 years ago, I was inspired by the culture of research and innovation on campus. It is a real privilege for me to join the engineering research staff to make my contribution to the education of the next generation of world innovators in the area of dairy technology and beyond. My work as CEO at Dairymaster has given me a global perspective on technologies, markets and the future of the dairy sector that I hope to share with students over the coming years.”
Further coverage at: