TRACE Water JPI Workshop
2017 News Archive
- Prof Sun Elected as a Foreign Member of Polish Academy of Sciences
- Dr Edmond Harty awarded prestigious Parsons Medal
- SwiftComply wins Startup World Cup qualifier
- UCD Engineering PhD student chosen as Climate Change Ambassador
- International Soil Quality Evaluation Workshop
- A fresh look at freezing foods: new technology to preserve nutrients
- SBFE PhD Student wins AGMET Austin Bourke Bronze medal
- Getting up close with chemistry
- Glendalough Field Trip & Beach Clean Up
- Two UCD academics receive a 2017-2018 Fulbright Irish Award
- UCD SBFE Postdoctorates Judge local SciFest@School Competition
- Retirement of Tony Fitzpatrick Sr Technical Officer in the UCD SBFE
- TRACE Water JPI Workshop
- Workshop on Grassland and Tillage Visual Soil Evaluation
- Dr Edmond Harty appointed as Adjunct Full Professor
- Three SBFE lecturers recipients of UCD Teaching Awards.
- UCD SBFE Professor Interviewed by Silicon Republic
- Annual Research Seminar Prizes Presented
- UCD SBFE Hosts ESAI / EPA Workshop
- UCD SBFE Assoc Professor Featured in Irish Times Article
- First Research Paper and ACA Featured Article of Professor Da-Wen Sun on Terahertz Imaging Applications Published
- UCD SBFE Lecturer contributes to Irish Times article
- UCD SBFE Assoc Prof Aoife Gowen featured in "Women on Walls" Campaign
TRACE Water JPI Workshop
Thursday 29th of June 2017
Moore Auditorium, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Antibiotic resistance has become a major global public health concern. This workshop is intended to promote knowledge and idea exchange on the occurrence, detection, fate, effects, and risk of antibiotic resistant organisms (ARO) in water ecosystems. A suite of international experts have been assimilated to present their own knowledge and experience regarding ARO management, including ongoing work in the Irish context. The event will bring together the international TRACE Water JPI team and other invited experts. The workshop will increase awareness of the detection and risk management issues surrounding ARO and will disseminate current understanding regarding environment–health interactions, with a focus on ARO detection, fate and risks. The event will lead to greater awareness regarding ongoing activities internationally in the field and will prompt collaboration and further capacity development. This is a free workshop event, however pre-registration is required.
There is an invitation for a limited number of posters at this event.
For more information about the workshop or to propose a poster for presentation please contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the event please go to the workshops Eventbrite page.
Check out the TRACE website and TRACE LinkedIn page for more information about the TRACE Water JPI project.