UCD SBFE Assoc Professor Featured in Irish Times Article
- Prof Sun Elected as a Foreign Member of Polish Academy of Sciences
- Dr Edmond Harty awarded prestigious Parsons Medal
- SwiftComply wins Startup World Cup qualifier
- UCD Engineering PhD student chosen as Climate Change Ambassador
- International Soil Quality Evaluation Workshop
- A fresh look at freezing foods: new technology to preserve nutrients
- SBFE PhD Student wins AGMET Austin Bourke Bronze medal
- Getting up close with chemistry
- Glendalough Field Trip & Beach Clean Up
- Two UCD academics receive a 2017-2018 Fulbright Irish Award
- UCD SBFE Postdoctorates Judge local SciFest@School Competition
- Retirement of Tony Fitzpatrick Sr Technical Officer in the UCD SBFE
- TRACE Water JPI Workshop
- Workshop on Grassland and Tillage Visual Soil Evaluation
- Dr Edmond Harty appointed as Adjunct Full Professor
- Three SBFE lecturers recipients of UCD Teaching Awards.
- UCD SBFE Professor Interviewed by Silicon Republic
- Annual Research Seminar Prizes Presented
- UCD SBFE Hosts ESAI / EPA Workshop
- UCD SBFE Assoc Professor Featured in Irish Times Article
- First Research Paper and ACA Featured Article of Professor Da-Wen Sun on Terahertz Imaging Applications Published
- UCD SBFE Lecturer contributes to Irish Times article
- UCD SBFE Assoc Prof Aoife Gowen featured in "Women on Walls" Campaign
UCD SBFE Assoc Professor Aoife Gowen Featured in Irish Times Article
UCD School of Biosystems and Food Engineering Associate Professor Aoife Gowen featured recently in an Irish Times article highlighting the benefits of the EU Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions programme. Dr. Gowen researched the use of Hyperspectral Imaging to investigate how the human body interacts with biomaterials in Kobe University, Japan under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie award. This work formed the basis of her being awarded a European Research Council grant to set up an imaging lab in UCD.
Pictured at the official launch of the ERC funded UCD Hyperspectral Imaging Laboratory were, (l-r): Ronan Dorrepaal, PhD candidate; Sindhuraj Mukherjee, PhD candidate; Phil Hogan, EU Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development; Professor Andrew Deeks, UCD President; Associate Professor Aoife Gowen, UCD School of Biosystems and Food Engineering; and Dr Jose Martinez-Gonzalez, Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
The full article is available (opens in a new window)here.