Three SBFE lecturers recipients of UCD Teaching Awards.
2017 News Archive
- Prof Sun Elected as a Foreign Member of Polish Academy of Sciences
- Dr Edmond Harty awarded prestigious Parsons Medal
- SwiftComply wins Startup World Cup qualifier
- UCD Engineering PhD student chosen as Climate Change Ambassador
- International Soil Quality Evaluation Workshop
- A fresh look at freezing foods: new technology to preserve nutrients
- SBFE PhD Student wins AGMET Austin Bourke Bronze medal
- Getting up close with chemistry
- Glendalough Field Trip & Beach Clean Up
- Two UCD academics receive a 2017-2018 Fulbright Irish Award
- UCD SBFE Postdoctorates Judge local SciFest@School Competition
- Retirement of Tony Fitzpatrick Sr Technical Officer in the UCD SBFE
- TRACE Water JPI Workshop
- Workshop on Grassland and Tillage Visual Soil Evaluation
- Dr Edmond Harty appointed as Adjunct Full Professor
- Three SBFE lecturers recipients of UCD Teaching Awards.
- UCD SBFE Professor Interviewed by Silicon Republic
- Annual Research Seminar Prizes Presented
- UCD SBFE Hosts ESAI / EPA Workshop
- UCD SBFE Assoc Professor Featured in Irish Times Article
- First Research Paper and ACA Featured Article of Professor Da-Wen Sun on Terahertz Imaging Applications Published
- UCD SBFE Lecturer contributes to Irish Times article
- UCD SBFE Assoc Prof Aoife Gowen featured in "Women on Walls" Campaign
Teaching Awards for SBFE Academic Staff
Three academic staff members in UCD School of Biosystems and Food Engineering were among the recipients of Teaching Awards from UCD College of Engineering and Architecture.
Associate Professors Enda Cummins and Aoife Gowen received awards for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning while Dr Tom Curran was recognised for Teaching Excellence. Their awards followed anonymous nominations from students in their modules and evaluation by an adjudication panel.
The awardees are part of the team of staff in UCD School of Biosystems and Food Engineering who deliver the following programmes: