UCD appoints new College Principal for College of Social Sciences and Law
- Events Calendar
- Working in the Tech Industry
- UCD appoints new College Principal for College of Social Sciences and Law
- UCD 2023 Research Impact Competition
- Experts join forces to address the great challenges facing democracy
- Five projects under the IRC New Foundations Scheme awarded to College researchers
- Final engagement of College Principal at College Council
- UCD Researchers awarded over €4m in ERC grants
- Professor Colin Scott, Principal of UCD College of Social Sciences and Law, appointed as Registrar and Deputy President of UCD
- Dr Ernesto Vasquez del Aguila Receives CEU’s 2023 European Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Dr Shane Bergin Receives Leonardo Da Vinci Award
- Advancing and Transforming Society Through Digital Technologies Research Showcase
- QS World University Rankings 2023
- 2023 NovaUCD Consultancy of the Year Award
- Inspiring Research Leaders in College of Social Sciences and Law
- Professor Aisling Swaine awarded €2M in European Research Council Funding for Gender Studies Project
- Irish project to create ‘edible urban green infrastructure’ launches in Mozambique
- UCD Research Impact Competition
- News Archive
Professor Niamh Moore-Cherry has been named as new College Principal for the UCD College of Social Sciences and Law.
In this role, she will report directly to UCD President Professor Orla Feely and will serve as a member of the University Management Team.
Professor Moore-Cherry has been Interim College Principal since December 2023, when Professor Colin Scott departed the role after nine years to take up his post as UCD Registrar, Deputy President and Vice-President for Academic Affairs.
As a critical academic, strategic and management link between the overall strategy, management and direction of the University, the College Principal ensures that all associated Schools deliver effectively on the University’s strategic plan.
“Niamh is an outstanding academic leader with a strong focus on our students and an ambitious vision for the UCD College of Social Sciences and Law. I greatly look forward to working with her in her new role,” said UCD President Professor Orla Feely.
"As an alumnus of two Schools in the College, it is a privilege to be appointed College Principal for the College of Social Sciences and Law and to be given the responsibility of leading and managing the College at this exciting time as we enter our next strategic planning phase,” added Professor Niamh Moore-Cherry.
“I am looking forward to working collaboratively with our College office and management teams, our Schools, students, alumni and other partners to ensure that the UCD College of Social Sciences and Law continues to thrive and sustain excellence in education, research, and external engagement activities."
Niamh Moore-Cherry is Professor in the UCD School of Geography and Honorary Professor at The Bartlett School of Planning, University College London.
Her research is focused on understanding governance and the impact of territorial politics on urban and regional decision-making and place-based outcomes.
Professor Niamh Moore-Cherry commenced her new role on 1st February 2024.