UCD Health Affairs Academic Health Science System (AHSS) Grant 2021-2022
The UCD Health Affairs Academic Health Science System (AHSS) Grant opens for applications from 9am on Monday, 10th January 2022 to 5pm on Friday, 4th February 2022.
UCD Health Affairs is part of the UCD College of Health and Agricultural Sciences (CHAS) and works with the five CHAS schools to enhance collaboration and provide a formal channel for cooperation between the primary academic partner UCD, the 11 Ireland East Hospital Group (IEHG) affiliated hospitals and their related community health organisations. An integrated approach to healthcare, with strong collaboration across the various hospitals, University and community healthcare organisations will drive the development of an Academic Health Science System (AHSS). Patients have better outcomes when managed in an AHSS because integrating teaching, training, research and innovation with clinical services enhances recruitment and retention of excellent staff, hence ensuring the provision of high-quality evidence-based care.
The UCD Health Affairs AHSS Grant aims to enhance the collaboration between IEHG, its affiliated community healthcare organisations, and UCD CHAS. We aim to raise awareness of UCD Health Affairs and to foster synergies between UCD CHAS, UCD Health Affairs, IEHG and its affiliated community areas.
This grant is to support health and science-related research or educational/innovation projects that clearly will enhance the concept of an AHSS and that will align with key College/School research and/or education strategic objectives. This is the first call for this grant.
The UCD Health Affairs AHSS Grant is open to researchers from all five Schools within UCD CHAS and across the 11 IEHG hospitals and affiliated community healthcare organisations, including:
- Academic staff (principal investigators)
- Postdoctoral researcher staff
- Clinical staff
- medical staff (consultants, GPs, research fellows, NCHDs)
- nursing staff
- health and social care professionals
UCD Health Affairs will provide the funding.
- There will be one call per academic year for the next three years. Each call will fund at least two successful awardees up to €20,000 maximum for each awardee.
- The grant can be used over the duration of the proposed project, i.e., 1, 2 or 3 years.
- Successful applicants are welcome to apply again in subsequent years.
Dates for the call to open and close
Open at 9am on Monday, 10th January 2022
Close at 5pm on Friday, 4th February 2022
Detailed review of applications
2 weeks after application closes
The beginning of the following month after the detailed review by the Review Panel
- UCD Health Affairs AHSS Grant Information Booklet for Applicants 2021-2022
- UCD Health Affairs AHSS Grant Application Form 2021-2022
For further information, please contact Xuefang Alterman (firstname.lastname@example.org), Project Manager at UCD Health Affairs.