Why Partner with University College Dublin?
1 University College Dublin has an international reputation for being at the forefront of innovative research and creative discovery.
The university has four strategic themes:
- Creating a Sustainable Global Society
- Transforming through Digital Technology
- Building a Healthy World
- Empowering Humanity
2 Support Offered
The goal is to find targeted solutions to the pain points and gaps faced by industry. We will work with you in negotiating terms and conditions that allows researchers to develop specific solutions to your challenges.
3 Collaborative Research Funding opportunities
UCD works closely with the Irish State Agencies and EU funding bodies to develop collaborative industry linkages and can advise on the wide range of public funding mechanisms for research collaboration.
Examples of such funding include:
This funding is focused on small companies were €5,000 is available to assist a company to explore a business opportunity or problem with a designated knowledge provider.
[button title="Read More" url="https://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/Research-Innovation/Companies/Collaborate-with-companies-research-institutes/Innovation-Voucher.shortcut.html"]
This encourages Irish based companies to work with Irish colleges to access their expertise and resources to develop new and improved products, processes, services, and generate new knowledge and know-how. Enterprise Ireland provides grants of up to 80% towards eligible costs of the research project.
[button title="Read More" url="https://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/Funding-Supports/Researcher/Funding-to-Collaborate-with-Industry-in-Ireland/Innovation-Partnerships.shortcut.html"]
These centres link scientists and engineers in partnerships across academia and industry to address crucial research questions, foster the development of new and existing Irish-based technology companies, attract industry that could make an important contribution to Ireland and its economy, and expand educational and career opportunities in Ireland in science and engineering.
[button title="Read More" url="https://www.sfi.ie/sfi-research-centres/"] Read More 2
4 Tax Incentives for R&D in Ireland
- R&D Tax Credits Qualifying R&D expenditure can receive a tax credit of 25% of the R&D costs incurred
- EU Grants Large-scale research projects supported through H2020, LIFE and CEF programs.
- IDA Ireland Feasibility and RD&I Grants Grant support for locating R&D projects in Ireland or substantially increasing R&D activities. Grant aid of up to 50% for feasibility projects. Grant aid of up to 25% for experimental development activities for large projects.
- KDB 6.25% corporation tax rate on profits arising from R&D projects relating to certain patents and copyrighted software carried out by an Irish company
For further information please contact a member of the NovaUCD's Knowledge Transfer team.