New Frontiers at NovaUCD and the Media Cube IADT
New Frontiers is the national entrepreneur development programme supported by Enterprise Ireland, serving South Dublin, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown and North Wicklow areas.
The New Frontiers programme is a partnership programme delivered by the Media Cube at IADT and NovaUCD, with IADT, acting as the lead partner.
It is a three-phase programme designed to provide a comprehensive set of business development mentoring supports as well as funding support to participants. It is the ultimate support to help you to develop your business idea into a successful start-up enterprise with the potential to scale internationally.
Phase 2: Programme February – August 2023
Full-Time Intensive Programme
Closing date for applications
The closing date for applications for the next New Frontiers Phase 2 programme is January 2023.
Who should apply?
New Frontiers is designed for entrepreneurs who have an innovative business idea and plan to establish and run their own company in Ireland. The business must have the potential to scale internationally and generate employment.
The Programme is open to business ideas from a range of sectors including food and consumer products; information and communication technology; engineering and electronics; medical devices; biotechnology; pharma; digital media; cleantech/renewable energy; eligible internationally traded services. Places on all phases of New Frontiers are assigned through a competitive process.
The programme is divided into three discrete phases
Phase 1 is a part-time evening OR weekend programme (Tuesday & Thursday or Friday evening/ Saturday & Sunday) which provides information and general start-up training which helps participants to validate the market viability of their business idea. The aim of Phase 1 is to establish if your idea can be turned into a feasible business proposition.
We are planning two Phase 1 Programmes in October/ November /Dec 2022.
Phase 1 Programme A: Evening Midweek
Tuesday & Thursday evenings, 6-9pm from 11th October – 18th November 2022
We are now taking expressions of interest for the evening midweek New Frontiers Phase 1 Programme 2022. The closing date for receipt of applications is 1st of September 2022 at 1pm.
Phase 1 Programme B: Weekend Bootcamp
Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday – 26th – 28th November & 2nd – 4th December 2022
We are now taking expressions of interest for the weekend bootcamp New Frontiers Phase 1 Programme 2022. The closing date for receipt of applications is 1st of September 2022 at 1pm.
Phase 2 is a six-month intensive programme which requires a full-time commitment.
- Training in all areas of business including financial management, market research & validation, business modelling, patenting, product development, marketing and sales.
- Mentoring from experienced business advisers and practitioners.
- Office space in the Media Cube, IADT or Nova UCD.
- €15,000 seed funding scholarship to cover full-time participation in the six-month course.
- Networking with other entrepreneurs and business development agencies.
- Introductions to seed and early stage capital investment networks.ss to entrepreneurship best practice, both national and international.
- Peer-group learning from participants in the region and across the country.
- Access to the expertise in Enterprise Ireland through their Market Information Centre.
- Expertise from Academic staff of IADT and UCD and support from our dedicated New Frontiers team.
Our next Phase 2 Programme runs from February 2023 – August 2023
Phase 3 gives participants the opportunity to grow their business, their customer base and to generate more sales. Businesses emerging from Phase 2 can apply to participate in Phase 3 of the Programme. During this phase, participants will focus on implementing their Business Plan by bringing their product/service to market and preparing to acquire further funding.
How to apply
Please fill out your contact details at the page below to receive an application form to the New Frontiers programme.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
[button title="Request Application Form" url="https://mediacube.ie/form/new-froniters-apply-now-for-phase-2/" color="tile-yellow"]