Society | Liberal Communitarianism: an Interview with Amitai Etzioni at 92
- Death of Professor Christopher Whelan
- Death of Clare Spencer | 1974 - 2022
- Special Issue Proposal: Irish Journal of Sociology
- Assoc Prof Sara O'Sullivan | HEA Funding Awarded for National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning Project
- Conor K. Ward | 23rd June 1930 - 18th July 2021
- Dr Lea David | Honorable Mention for the 2021 ASA Sociology of Human Rights Gordon Hirabayashi Book Award
- Sarah McAuley, UCD Social Policy and Sociology Student, Competing in Tokyo Olympic Games
- Prof Siniša Maleševic | Al Jazeera Balkans Interview on Paramilitary Violence During the Syrian War
- Prof Siniša Maleševic | Interview on Covid-19 and Nationalism in Croatia's 'Jutarnji list’
- Congratulations to Steven Loyal and Thomas Grund on their respective promotions to Professor
- Taha Yasseri | Using network analysis to understand and predict the Parliament’s Brexit Shenanigans | BMC Blog
- ‘Critical Exploration of Human Rights’ Conference – IELF Forum
- First Issue of 'Society' under Co-Editorship of UCD Sociology's Prof Andreas Hess Published
- IRC Funded Project | Elderly (non)migrants’ narratives of home: A comparative study of place-making in Ireland and Slovakia (EMNaH) | Dr Mastoureh Fathi
- Broadcasting Sociology | Student Podcasts and Videos on Sociological Topics
- Society | Liberal Communitarianism: an Interview with Amitai Etzioni at 92
- UCD-SAI Young Sociologist Competition Winners 2020/21!
- Pof Andreas Hess | UCD Sociology Professor appointed co-Editor-in Chief of Society journal
- HRB Funding Awarded to Two UCD Sociology Led Initiatives Examining Covid Impacts
- José Antonio Gutiérrez wins Máire De Paor Award for best Social Sciences PhD Thesis
- NewsTalk FM Talking History Podcast | The Bosnian War | Prof Siniša Malešević
- Book Launch | Classical and Contemporary Sociological Theory | Steven Loyal & Siniša Malešević
- New Books Network Podcast | The Past Can't Heal Us | Lea David Internview
- Dr Seán L'Estrange | Colleges and COVID-19 in the Republic of Ireland: Update
- Assoc. Prof. Taha Yasseri | Facebook and other social media are not to blame for filter bubbles, the problem of fragmentation is more fundamental
- Dr Seán L'Estrange | Colleges and COVID-19 in the Republic of Ireland: The 'Campus Experience" as Public Health Problem
- Prof Siniša Malešević | El Pais interview on the Spanis translation of 'The Rise of Organised Brutality'
- Prof Siniša Malešević | Grounded Nationalisms | Runner-up (honourable mention) in the 2020 Stein Rokkan Award
- Assoc Prof Mathew Creighton | Hidden versus revealed attitudes: A list experiment on support for minorities in Ireland
- Dr Seán L'Estrange | Testing Times: Viral surveillance and social control in post-lockdown societies
- So what next: Becoming Anti-racist | Dr Alice Feldman in conversation with Dr Ebun Joseph
- Dr Lea David | We are at war: The rise of expert knowledge
- Opinion | Steven Loyal | Crèche Crisis in Ireland
- Opinion | Steven Loyal | Debenhams and its Workers - An Ominous New Normal?
- Book Launch | The Past Can't Heal Us: The Dangers of Mandating Memory in the Name of Human Rights by Dr Lea David
- Dr Egle Gusciute | Leaving the most vulnerable behind: Reflection on the Covid-19 pandemic and Direct Provision in Ireland
- Dr Seán L'Estrange | Irish Covid-19 Testing Practices: Why They Matter. And Why They Don’t
- Purposeful solitude: reading Thoreau in a lockdown | Andreas Hess in Open Democracy
- Dr Seán L'Estrange | Irish Covid-19 Testing Practices: Claims and Evidence
- Coronavirus: European nations choose self-preservation over the Union | Siniša Malešević quoted in TRTWorld
- The Theorist of Belonging | Andreas Hess and Samantha Ashenden on Judith Shklar in Aeon
- Sociology Seminar Series | Rachel Ibreck | Law and Activism in Conflict: Lessons from South Sudan
- Sociology Seminar Series | Mastoureh Fathi | Photos of Home
- Prof Andreas Hess on Judith Shklar
Liberal Communitarianism: an Interview with Amitai Etzioni at 92
UCD Sociology's Andreas Hess and his Coeditor in Chief of the Journal 'Society', Daniel Gordon, have published an interview with Amitai Etzioni. Etzioni is the grand old man of communitarianism and has had a fascinating life, parts of which he talks about in the interview.
The first 'Society' issue under new editorship (to be published by the end of this month) will also contain a longer feature article by Etzioni.
You can download a pdf of the interview below.