- Exploring Street Experiments in High Density Urban Asia
- Dr Luke Kelleher on barriers, drivers and potential for innovation
- Automotive Design Competition 2023
- Our teachers celebrating new CDIC students
- New Automotive Engineering teacher joins CDIC
- Design 2 Bridge Design Competition
- Faculty & Students Experience Sharing
- Dr Nan Zhang recognised as 2023 Rising Star
- We welcome our new Automotive Engineering lecturer
- Dr Ana Peric Momcilovic honoured with the Gerd Albers Award
- Inspiring journey across borders
- Welcome Freshers!
- Welcome to the Academic Year 2023-2024
- New teacher welcomed for the new academic year
- Dr Nan Zhang revolutionises point-of-care diagnostics & the biopharmaceutical industry with Microfluidics
- First CDIC Student finishes her programme in Dublin
- 2023 CDIC Graduation Ceremony
- CDIC English Teachers Visit Dublin
- TCPEP Teachers' First Experience of CDIC
- We Welcome New TCPEP Teacher Caterina Villani
- CDIC Funded Student Presenting in Oxford
- Follow Your Passion - Interview with CDIC Student
- Meet the CATs!
- CDIC Students Performing on the Roof
- We Met to Talk About Irish Culture
- CDIC Students Learning How to Play Tin Whistle
- The Very First CATs Workshop
- UCD wins the Asia Matters 2022 Higher Education Partnership
- CDIC Welcomes a New Teacher
- CDIC English Teachers to Present at the BALEAP Conference 2023
- Boom, Bust & Future of China's Real Estate Sector Podcast with Dr Yunpeng Zhang
- Dr Nan Zhang runner-up of 2022 UCD Research Impact Case Study Competition
- 2022 CDIC Graduation Ceremony
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition for the Students
- UCD & Columbia Dual Master in Civil Engineering Information Session
- New teacher welcomed to CDIC
- New Civil Aviation Lab in CDIC
- CJCO Team welcomed CEI student Zhaoyu
- Top 2% Scientists in the World
Dr Nan Zhang recognised as 2023 Rising Star
Tuesday, 7 November, 2023
Dr Nan Zhang, CDIC Automotive Engineering lecturer was awarded with 2023 Rising Star.
UCD through Discovery Rising Star Fellowship Program every year recognises exceptional early career researchers for their potential as a future research leaders. Dr Nan Zhang is one of nine UCD researchers who were awarded with this prestigious title.
Dr Zhang believes that nanomedicine will pay a significant role in disease prevention. As he admits he tries to develop a bridge between the laboratory and mass production to help the laboratory scientists bring their technology forward for clinical trials.
The interview with Dr Zhang can be found on UCD Discovery website.