- Exploring Street Experiments in High Density Urban Asia
- Dr Luke Kelleher on barriers, drivers and potential for innovation
- Automotive Design Competition 2023
- Our teachers celebrating new CDIC students
- New Automotive Engineering teacher joins CDIC
- Design 2 Bridge Design Competition
- Faculty & Students Experience Sharing
- Dr Nan Zhang recognised as 2023 Rising Star
- We welcome our new Automotive Engineering lecturer
- Dr Ana Peric Momcilovic honoured with the Gerd Albers Award
- Inspiring journey across borders
- Welcome Freshers!
- Welcome to the Academic Year 2023-2024
- New teacher welcomed for the new academic year
- Dr Nan Zhang revolutionises point-of-care diagnostics & the biopharmaceutical industry with Microfluidics
- First CDIC Student finishes her programme in Dublin
- 2023 CDIC Graduation Ceremony
- CDIC English Teachers Visit Dublin
- TCPEP Teachers' First Experience of CDIC
- We Welcome New TCPEP Teacher Caterina Villani
- CDIC Funded Student Presenting in Oxford
- Follow Your Passion - Interview with CDIC Student
- Meet the CATs!
- CDIC Students Performing on the Roof
- We Met to Talk About Irish Culture
- CDIC Students Learning How to Play Tin Whistle
- The Very First CATs Workshop
- UCD wins the Asia Matters 2022 Higher Education Partnership
- CDIC Welcomes a New Teacher
- CDIC English Teachers to Present at the BALEAP Conference 2023
- Boom, Bust & Future of China's Real Estate Sector Podcast with Dr Yunpeng Zhang
- Dr Nan Zhang runner-up of 2022 UCD Research Impact Case Study Competition
- 2022 CDIC Graduation Ceremony
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition for the Students
- UCD & Columbia Dual Master in Civil Engineering Information Session
- New teacher welcomed to CDIC
- New Civil Aviation Lab in CDIC
- CJCO Team welcomed CEI student Zhaoyu
- Top 2% Scientists in the World
Faculty & Students Experience Sharing Event
Tuesday, 14 November, 2023
By Junliang Feng, stage 4 Automotive Engineering student
In order to help students majoring in Automotive Engineering (AE) programme and to help them with a better plan for their future development, CDIC Students' Union and CDIC Technology Innovation Association jointly held an experience-sharing and faculty-student networking session. The goal was to enhance students' understanding of the programme as well as recommend domestic and foreign graduate institutions.
This session mainly contained of three thematic presentations, which were: the experience sharing of recommendation for domestic graduate institutions by Junliang Feng (stage 4, AE student), the experience sharing of application to foreign institutions by Haowei Zhang (stage 4, AE student) and the introduction of master programmes and research opportunities in the UCD School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering by Prof. Jufan Zhang.
In the first presentation, Junliang Feng introduced the programme of recommending for domestic graduate institutions and encouraged students to work hard to complete their in-class modules and actively participate in various extracurricular innovative projects. Combined with the international vision of CDIC, Junliang Feng also pointed out that the cultivation mode of the AE programme at CDIC has considerable breadth and multidisciplinary intersection, which will lay a solid foundation for the future development of students in multiple directions. In addition, he encouraged students to create self-driven attitude, to keep working hard, and to continue to fight for their own dreams.
Haowei Zhang, in the second presentation, shared his experience in applying to foreign institutions. He emphasised that apart from undergraduate GPA, language scores and academic background are important for applying to study abroad and he encouraged students to participate in international exchange programmes. Haowei Zhang recommended many famous universities in different countries and highlighted the advantages and strong academic disciplines of UCD, which broadened the students' horizons and increased their experience for applying to foreign institutions.
After the presentations the students attending the session were asking questions about relative developing options, scientific research, daily study and other aspects.
During the third session, Prof. Jufan Zhang introduced the master programmes offered in the UCD School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, the research performed by the faculty at SMME, the employment and career development of Mechanical Engineering graduates, along with scholarship opportunities. Combining his own research and working experience at UCD, Prof. Jufan Zhang encouraged students to actively participate in research projects and carry forward the spirit of facing challenges.
After the session many students took the initiative to approach the three speakers for more in-depth conversations. The success of this session is of great significance, which has been positively responded among the students and helped them to better plan their future.