- Breaking Records Again: Professor Da-Wen Sun Celebrates 9th Consecutive Year as a Highly Cited Researcher
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected as Fellow of the Asia Pacific Artificial Intelligence Association (AAIA)
- Another Record – Professor Da-Wen Sun Named Highly Cited Researcher in 8th Consecutive Year
- Research Output of Professor Da-Wen Sun Continues Topping UCD
- Two Papers by Professor Da-Wen Sun Among Most Downloaded and Cited in Last 3 Years
- In 7th Consecutive Year – Professor Da-Wen Sun Named 2021 Highly Cited Researcher
- PhD Student’s Paper Selected as “Editors’ Choice” Article
- First Research Paper and ACA Featured Article of Professor Da-Wen Sun on Terahertz Imaging Applications Published
- A New High in Successful CSC Applications
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Publishes Paper in Internationally Most Prestigious Journal (Impact Factor: 42.846)
- Six-Times Winner: Professor Da-Wen Sun Named Highly Cited Researcher Again
- 100% Success Rate for the Students of Professor Da-Wen Sun for Their CSC Scholarship Applications
- A Milestone — Professor Da-Wen Sun’s H-Index (Web of Science) Reaches 100
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Named Highly Cited Researcher by Clarivate in the 5th Consecutive Year
- Chinese Senior Diplomats Visit UCD Food Engineering Laboratories
- Professor Da-Wen Sun tops the World Ranking in ESI Highly Cited Papers
- Seven Review Papers by Professor Da-Wen Sun Published in Issue 5 of Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition
- Computational Fluid Dynamics in Food Processing (Second Edition) by Professor Da-Wen Sun has been published!
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Named Highly Cited Researcher by Clarivate in the 4th Consecutive Year
- Modern Techniques for Food Authentication (Second Edition) by Professor Da-Wen Sun has been published!
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Conferred with Certificate of Foreign Member of Polish Academy of Sciences
- Another Well-Deserved Honourable Distinction for Professor Da-Wen Sun, a World-Renowned Food Scientist
- "Computational Fluid Dynamics in Food Processing" (2nd Edition, 592 Pages) by Professor Da-Wen Sun Available Soon
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Conferred with Honorary Doctorate Degree from Peru 2018
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected Academician of International Academy of Refrigeration
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Presented with iAABE Founding President Gavel and iAABE Fellow Certificate
- Modern Techniques for Food Authentication 2018
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected as a Foreign Member of PAN 2017
- A fresh look at freezing foods: new technology to preserve nutrients 2017
- Professor Da-Wen Sun named as Highly Cited Researcher in the 3rd Year 2017
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun named highly cited researcher by Thomson Reuters in 2016
- Professor Da-Wen Sun has been elected the New President of the IAABE 2016
- Professor Da-Wen Sun given Title of CIGR Honorary President 2016
- Chinese Vice-Minister Tan Tianxing Visits UCD 2016
- Professor Da-Wen Sun named as 2015 Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher
- UCD Professor's Research Publications in Agricultural Sciences Ranked No.1 in the World 2015
- Three PhD Students Supervised by Professor Da-Wen Sun Passed Their PhD Vivas in September 2014
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun is awarded International Research Award in 2013
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected Fellow of IAFoST in 2012
- Chinese Ambassador to Ireland Pays Visit to Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2012
- Two New Handbooks Published by UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2011
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Awarded Membership of Academia Europaea in 2011
- Senior Chinese Diplomats Pay Visit to Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2010
- Infrared Spectroscopy for Food Quality Analysis and Control by Professor Da-Wen Sun
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun Continues to Lead World Rankings in Agriculture Sciences in 2010
- Major Success in EU 7th Framework Funding by UCD Biosystems Engineering Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2010
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected President of International Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering in 2010
- Highest honour Received by Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2010
- Major Research Funding Received by UCD Biosystems Engineering Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2009
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun Tops the World Rankings in Agriculture Sciences in 2008
- Professor Da-Wen Sun and His Student Receive Major International Awards in 2008
- Modern Techniques For Food Authentication 1st edition 2008
- Indian Minister Presents Award to Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2007
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun Appointed Editor-in-Chief of New International Journal in 2007
Another Well-Deserved Honourable Distinction for Professor Da-Wen Sun, a World-Renowned Food Scientist
Friday, 29 June, 2018
Professor Da-Wen Sun, UCD School of Biosystems and Food Engineering, has been elected Full Member - Academician of the International Academy of Refrigeration at its recent General Assembly held on 26 April 2018 in St. Petersburg, Russia. This is the sixth academician title that Professor Sun has been awarded since his first election to Royal Irish Academy in 2010, and subsequently to Academia Europaea (The Academy of Europe), Polish Academy of Sciences, International Academy of Food Science and Technology, and International Academy of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering.
The International Academy of Refrigeration (IAR, (opens in a new window)www.maxiar.spb.ru) is a non-governmental and non-profit organization, which is comprised of leading scientists, academics, professionals, engineers and businessmen. Its activities focus on solving complex fundamental and applied problems in refrigeration and cryogenic engineering, low-temperature energy, air conditioning, food processing and storage, ecology, economics, cryobiology, cryomedicine, еtc. IAR is headquartered in St. Petersburg, Russia, where it was legally established in 1995, being the successor of the Academy of Refrigeration registered in 1993. Famous academicians of IAR include Nobel laureates and deputies of the State Duma (Parliament) of Russia (e.g., Zhores Ivanovich Alferov, the winner of 2000 Nobel Prize in Physics), and past and present Directors General of the International Institute of Refrigeration based in Paris, France. Alongside the traditionally strong position of IAR in the post-Soviet areas where national and regional branches are established, the Academy enrols full members – academicians, corresponding members and academic advisers from all around the world. The full membership (academician) of IAR represents the highest honour in the concerned field.
Professor Sun has contributed enormously to the advancement of food refrigeration engineering on a global scale. He began work on novel refrigeration processes and systems as early as in 1994, and since joining UCD, he has focused on food chilling and freezing technologies, thereby obtaining valuable cutting-edge research results. Professor Sun has published over 100 journal articles in food chilling and freezing technologies. In July 2013, Professor Sun has been presented with “The Frozen Food Foundation Freezing Research Award” by the International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) for his significant contributions to enhancing the field of food freezing technologies. This is the first time when this prestigious award has been presented to a scientist outside the USA.
Professor Sun is among the world’s top professionals in food engineering research and education. He has published over 500 peer-reviewed journal papers (Web of Science h-index = 89, SCOPUS h-index = 94) with 50 papers being designated by ESI as Highly Cited / Hot Papers in Field. Many of his scholarly works have become standard reference materials, specifically in vacuum cooling, ultrasound-assisted freezing, computer vision of foods, food engineering models involving computational fluid dynamics, etc. Professor Sun has been honoured as one of the “Highly Cited Researchers” in the last three consecutive years (2015-2017) by Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters).
I have had the chance to meet Professor Da-Wen Sun for the first time at the early stage of his career, when he attended the international conference on “Advances in the Refrigeration Systems, Food Technologies and Cold Chain”, which took place in Sofia, Bulgaria, in 1998 and was co-organised by myself under the aegis of the International Institute of Refrigeration. I still remember quite well the professional dynamism, spirit and purposefulness of his participation, which made an obvious impact on the audience. Since then, I have had many further occasions to cooperate and interact with Professor Sun on different joint initiatives and projects, where I have enjoyed the efficiency and accuracy of his contribution. Da-Wen has an impressive professional network of colleagues and friends all over the world and attracts young food researchers around his consolidating figure. As a full member of IAR since 2001, it was a pleasure and privilege for me to nominate him and to act as a promotor for his election to IAR.
Consequently, based on all these circumstances, I take the liberty in expressing the noble feelings of the aforementioned collegial community and in congratulating sincerely Professor Da-Wen Sun for the newly deserved honour. Let us all wish him plenty of health, creative energy and best of success for the future benefit of science, industry and society.
Kostadin Fikiin, firstname.lastname@example.org