- Another Record – Professor Da-Wen Sun Named Highly Cited Researcher in 8th Consecutive Year
- Research Output of Professor Da-Wen Sun Continues Topping UCD
- Two Papers by Professor Da-Wen Sun Among Most Downloaded and Cited in Last 3 Years
- In 7th Consecutive Year – Professor Da-Wen Sun Named 2021 Highly Cited Researcher
- PhD Student’s Paper Selected as “Editors’ Choice” Article
- First Research Paper and ACA Featured Article of Professor Da-Wen Sun on Terahertz Imaging Applications Published
- A New High in Successful CSC Applications
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Publishes Paper in Internationally Most Prestigious Journal (Impact Factor: 42.846)
- Six-Times Winner: Professor Da-Wen Sun Named Highly Cited Researcher Again
- 100% Success Rate for the Students of Professor Da-Wen Sun for Their CSC Scholarship Applications
- A Milestone — Professor Da-Wen Sun’s H-Index (Web of Science) Reaches 100
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Named Highly Cited Researcher by Clarivate in the 5th Consecutive Year
- Chinese Senior Diplomats Visit UCD Food Engineering Laboratories
- Professor Da-Wen Sun tops the World Ranking in ESI Highly Cited Papers
- Seven Review Papers by Professor Da-Wen Sun Published in Issue 5 of Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition
- Computational Fluid Dynamics in Food Processing (Second Edition) by Professor Da-Wen Sun has been published!
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Named Highly Cited Researcher by Clarivate in the 4th Consecutive Year
- Modern Techniques for Food Authentication (Second Edition) by Professor Da-Wen Sun has been published!
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Conferred with Certificate of Foreign Member of Polish Academy of Sciences
- Another Well-Deserved Honourable Distinction for Professor Da-Wen Sun, a World-Renowned Food Scientist
- "Computational Fluid Dynamics in Food Processing" (2nd Edition, 592 Pages) by Professor Da-Wen Sun Available Soon
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Conferred with Honorary Doctorate Degree from Peru 2018
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected Academician of International Academy of Refrigeration
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Presented with iAABE Founding President Gavel and iAABE Fellow Certificate
- Modern Techniques for Food Authentication 2018
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected as a Foreign Member of PAN 2017
- A fresh look at freezing foods: new technology to preserve nutrients 2017
- Professor Da-Wen Sun named as Highly Cited Researcher in the 3rd Year 2017
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun named highly cited researcher by Thomson Reuters in 2016
- Professor Da-Wen Sun has been elected the New President of the IAABE 2016
- Professor Da-Wen Sun given Title of CIGR Honorary President 2016
- Chinese Vice-Minister Tan Tianxing Visits UCD 2016
- Professor Da-Wen Sun named as 2015 Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher
- UCD Professor's Research Publications in Agricultural Sciences Ranked No.1 in the World 2015
- Three PhD Students Supervised by Professor Da-Wen Sun Passed Their PhD Vivas in September 2014
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun is awarded International Research Award in 2013
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected Fellow of IAFoST in 2012
- Chinese Ambassador to Ireland Pays Visit to Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2012
- Two New Handbooks Published by UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2011
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Awarded Membership of Academia Europaea in 2011
- Senior Chinese Diplomats Pay Visit to Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2010
- Infrared Spectroscopy for Food Quality Analysis and Control by Professor Da-Wen Sun
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun Continues to Lead World Rankings in Agriculture Sciences in 2010
- Major Success in EU 7th Framework Funding by UCD Biosystems Engineering Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2010
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected President of International Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering in 2010
- Highest honour Received by Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2010
- Major Research Funding Received by UCD Biosystems Engineering Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2009
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun Tops the World Rankings in Agriculture Sciences in 2008
- Professor Da-Wen Sun and His Student Receive Major International Awards in 2008
- Modern Techniques For Food Authentication 1st edition 2008
- Indian Minister Presents Award to Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2007
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun Appointed Editor-in-Chief of New International Journal in 2007
UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun Tops the World Rankings in Agriculture Sciences in 2008
Monday, 26 March, 2018
Professor Da-Wen Sun of UCD School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine has been ranked amongst the top of the “top one percent” of agricultural scientists from around the world according to theEssential Science Indicators (ESI)* database.
The ESI database from Thomson Scientific provides data for ranking scientists, institutions, countries, and journals. Based on a regularly updated compilation of the ISI Web of Science, the world's most authoritative citation database, ESI provides citation counts as a form of peer recognition which generally reflects the dependence of the scientific community on the work of individual scientists.
According to the data derived over a period of ten years, a total of 2127 scientists are among the top one percent of the most cited scientists in the category of Agriculture Sciences, and Prof. Sun is at the top of the list by ranking at 51 of the 2127 scientists on the list.
Professor Da-Wen Sun commented: “I am very pleased with the ranking, as the ESI ranking is based on researchers’ research output in high-standard international scholarly journals and is globally considered as evidence of their academic excellence. The ranking system provides an authoritative way of comparing performance of researchers not only within the same discipline but also among different disciplines. Such a high ranking is a strong indication of exceptionally high quality research conducted by UCD researchers as recognised by international peer, it can also significantly uplift the international reputation of UCD as a research intensive university”.
Prof. Sun joined UCD in 1995 and has published over 180 peer reviewed journal papers, more than 200 conference papers, and 8 edited books. In recognition of his significant contribution to food engineering worldwide and for his outstanding leadership in the field, Prof. Sun was awarded theInternational Commission of Agricultural Engineering Merit Award in 2000 and 2006 and was named “Food Engineer of the Year 2004” by theInstitution of Mechanical Engineers.
Prof. Sun has also received numerous prestigious awards in UCD, including the UCD President’s Research Fellowship in 2005. He is Editor-in-Chief of Food and Bioprocess Technology, an International Journal, and Series Editor of the “Contemporary Food Engineering” book series.
* Covering a multidisciplinary selection of more than 11,000 high-standard international scholarly journals from around the world, Essential Science Indicators rankings are based on a selection of the most cited scientists, institutions, countries, and journals in a ten-year period. Citation counts are based on a journal set categorized into 22 broad fields. Fields are defined by a unique grouping of journals with no journal being assigned to more than one field. To compensate for varying citation rates across scientific fields, different thresholds are applied to each field. The thresholds are set to select roughly the same proportion of entities from each field. For scientists the top 1% of names is selected for each of the fields. This percentage of inclusion translates into a specific citation frequency cutoff for each field. Therefore Essential Science Indicators is an in-depth authoritative analytical tool offering data for ranking scientists, institutions, countries, and journals.