- Two Papers by Professor Da-Wen Sun Among Most Downloaded and Cited in Last 3 Years
- In 7th Consecutive Year – Professor Da-Wen Sun Named 2021 Highly Cited Researcher
- PhD Student’s Paper Selected as “Editors’ Choice” Article
- First Research Paper and ACA Featured Article of Professor Da-Wen Sun on Terahertz Imaging Applications Published
- A New High in Successful CSC Applications
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Publishes Paper in Internationally Most Prestigious Journal (Impact Factor: 42.846)
- Six-Times Winner: Professor Da-Wen Sun Named Highly Cited Researcher Again
- 100% Success Rate for the Students of Professor Da-Wen Sun for Their CSC Scholarship Applications
- A Milestone — Professor Da-Wen Sun’s H-Index (Web of Science) Reaches 100
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Named Highly Cited Researcher by Clarivate in the 5th Consecutive Year
- Chinese Senior Diplomats Visit UCD Food Engineering Laboratories
- Professor Da-Wen Sun tops the World Ranking in ESI Highly Cited Papers
- Seven Review Papers by Professor Da-Wen Sun Published in Issue 5 of Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition
- Computational Fluid Dynamics in Food Processing (Second Edition) by Professor Da-Wen Sun has been published!
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Named Highly Cited Researcher by Clarivate in the 4th Consecutive Year
- Modern Techniques for Food Authentication (Second Edition) by Professor Da-Wen Sun has been published!
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Conferred with Certificate of Foreign Member of Polish Academy of Sciences
- Another Well-Deserved Honourable Distinction for Professor Da-Wen Sun, a World-Renowned Food Scientist
- "Computational Fluid Dynamics in Food Processing" (2nd Edition, 592 Pages) by Professor Da-Wen Sun Available Soon
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Conferred with Honorary Doctorate Degree from Peru 2018
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected Academician of International Academy of Refrigeration
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Presented with iAABE Founding President Gavel and iAABE Fellow Certificate
- Modern Techniques for Food Authentication 2018
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected as a Foreign Member of PAN 2017
- A fresh look at freezing foods: new technology to preserve nutrients 2017
- Professor Da-Wen Sun named as Highly Cited Researcher in the 3rd Year 2017
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun named highly cited researcher by Thomson Reuters in 2016
- Professor Da-Wen Sun has been elected the New President of the IAABE 2016
- Professor Da-Wen Sun given Title of CIGR Honorary President 2016
- Chinese Vice-Minister Tan Tianxing Visits UCD 2016
- Professor Da-Wen Sun named as 2015 Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher
- UCD Professor's Research Publications in Agricultural Sciences Ranked No.1 in the World 2015
- Three PhD Students Supervised by Professor Da-Wen Sun Passed Their PhD Vivas in September 2014
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun is awarded International Research Award in 2013
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected Fellow of IAFoST in 2012
- Chinese Ambassador to Ireland Pays Visit to Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2012
- Two New Handbooks Published by UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2011
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Awarded Membership of Academia Europaea in 2011
- Senior Chinese Diplomats Pay Visit to Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2010
- Infrared Spectroscopy for Food Quality Analysis and Control by Professor Da-Wen Sun
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun Continues to Lead World Rankings in Agriculture Sciences in 2010
- Major Success in EU 7th Framework Funding by UCD Biosystems Engineering Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2010
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Elected President of International Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering in 2010
- Highest honour Received by Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2010
- Major Research Funding Received by UCD Biosystems Engineering Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2009
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun Tops the World Rankings in Agriculture Sciences in 2008
- Professor Da-Wen Sun and His Student Receive Major International Awards in 2008
- Modern Techniques For Food Authentication 1st edition 2008
- Indian Minister Presents Award to Professor Da-Wen Sun in 2007
- UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun Appointed Editor-in-Chief of New International Journal in 2007
UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun named highly cited researcher by Thomson Reuters in 2016
Tuesday, 27 March, 2018
Only those in the top 1% of citations by other researchers in science and social science made the list UCD Professor Da-Wen Sun, UCD School of Biosystems and Food Engineering, has been included in the 2016 Highly Cited Researchers list compiled by Thomson Reuters.
Professor Sun’s work is standard reference material for researchers in the areas of computer vision, computational fluid dynamics modelling and vacuum cooling. He has had over 1000 papers in the Thomson Reuters science citation index, Web of Science. Some 72 of these papers have been cited more than 100 times.
Recent work by Professor Sun has used non-destructive and non-invasive hyperspectral imaging to determine quality and safety in foods. This allows greater certainty over standards in the food production process compared to visual inspection practices that are still common.
Hyperspectral imaging takes images of food specimens at different wavelength bands at a scale of around ten nanometres (1 nm = one billionth of a metre).
Professor Sun is a global authority in food engineering research and education. He was elected to the Royal Irish Academy in 2010, selected as a member of Academia Europaea (Academy of Europe) in 2011, and inducted as a fellow of the International Academy of Food Science and Technology in 2012.
He is editor of the journal Food and Bioprocess Technology, series editor of Contemporary Food Engineering and former editor of Journal of Food Engineering.