International Womens' Day Event 2022
- Events Calendar
- Final engagement of College Principal at College Council
- UCD Researchers awarded over €4m in ERC grants
- Professor Colin Scott, Principal of UCD College of Social Sciences and Law, appointed as Registrar and Deputy President of UCD
- Dr Ernesto Vasquez del Aguila Receives CEU’s 2023 European Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Dr Shane Bergin Receives Leonardo Da Vinci Award
- Advancing and Transforming Society Through Digital Technologies Research Showcase
- QS World University Rankings 2023
- 2023 NovaUCD Consultancy of the Year Award
- Inspiring Research Leaders in College of Social Sciences and Law
- Professor Aisling Swaine awarded €2M in European Research Council Funding for Gender Studies Project
- Irish project to create ‘edible urban green infrastructure’ launches in Mozambique
- UCD Research Impact Competition
- News Archive
- Summer School 23 Student Feedback
Harnessing Narratives to Foster Inclusion- International Women’s Day Event
Top row Dr Joe McGrath, VP Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Fiona McEntee BCL, Bottom row: Caitriona Palmer, Ivana Bacik TD.
To celebrate International Women’s Day, Dr Joe McGrath, College Vice Principal for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion from UCD College of Social Sciences and Law hosted a public online seminar on 8th March 2022. Three panellists were invited to speak Deputy Ivana Bacik (TD), Caitriona Palmer (UCD Social Sciences Alumni Awardee 2021) and Fiona McEntee (UCD Law Alumni Awardee 2021) to discuss the theme: “Harnessing Narratives to Foster Inclusion”.
Acting College Principal Associate Professor Niamh Moore-Cherry opened the event that attracted attendees from across UCD and external guests. All speakers have worked to elevate the rights of women, and blazed trails in reproductive rights, refugee rights, and climate change, among other areas. The session explored how they all harnessed the power of personal stories to transform them into compelling narratives to stimulate change and action.