News and Events
- UCD wins the Asia Matters 2022 Higher Education Partnership
- 2022 CDIC Graduation Ceremony
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition for the Students
- UCD & Columbia Dual Master in Civil Engineering Information Session
- New teacher welcomed to CDIC
- New Civil Aviation Lab in CDIC
- CJCO Team welcomed CEI student Zhaoyu
- Top 2% Scientists in the World
- TCPEP is Ready to Welcome New Teachers
- Gold Award for CDIC students in Internet & Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition
- CDIC in the Summer 2021
- Dr Nan Zhang runner-up of 2022 UCD Research Impact Case Study Competition
- Boom, Bust & Future of China's Real Estate Sector Podcast with Dr Yunpeng Zhang
- CDIC English Teachers to Present at the BALEAP Conference 2023
- CDIC Welcomes a New Teacher
Chang’an University President SHA Aimin and CDIC Provost Paul Fanning named to be in top 2% of scientists in the world
Thursday, 13 January, 2022
CDIC congratulates Chang’an University President SHA Aimin and UCD CDIC Provost Paul Fanning for their recognition in a recently published, October 2021, list of the World's Top 2% Scientists, based on citation metrics.
Ranking of researchers for the list, produced by a team from Stanford University working with Elsevier B, is based on the bibliometric information contained in the Scopus database from the almost 9 million scientists considered to be research active, in 22 scientific fields and 176 subfields, worldwide. The list for 2021 includes roughly 180,000 researchers.
The ranking method is based on standardized citation metrics developed by a group of scientists led by John P.A. Ioannidis, a professor at Stanford University. This top 2% were assigned a composite citation score or “c-score” based on standardized citation indicators, which include numbers of citations, a commonly used metric known as “h-index” which reflects an individual’s research output, co-authorship and a composite indicator for career-long impact.