- UCD and Northeastern University extend and deepen long-standing partnership with five collaborative research projects
- EPA announces €14.3M in new research funding
- Arup Scholarship Awards 2024
- UCD names new Vice-President for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Project promoting safe staffing in the healthcare system wins UCD Research Impact Competition
- VOICE Project Launches to Shape Tomorrow's Sustainability
- Teachers for the Planet Programme
- Exploring Futures in Engineering and Architecture- UCD January Open Days
- Information Session: UCD Prof. Cert in Digital Facility Layout Planning
- UCD-led space project receives over €7.9m from Disruptive Technologies Innovation Fund
- UCD Researchers awarded over €4m in ERC grants for Biomedical Engineering and Political Economy projects
- Highly Cited: Professor Da-Wen Sun & Professor Paula Bourke listed amongst 2023’s most influential researchers
- ESTEEM Graduate Programme
- Electrical Engineering Class of 1968
- €257,000 allocated to 24 UCD projects in STEM Challenge Fund
- ERC Starting Grants Awarded to UCD Researchers in Humanities and Engineering
- Prof Niall English receives ERC Advanced Grant to optimise nanobubble technology for diverse end applications
- ERC Proof of Concept Grant for UCD Researcher exploring macromolecular crowding in cell culture systems
- SDG Academy and University College Dublin launch new Master’s Pathway in Foundations of Sustainable Development
- Engineers Ireland Accreditation May 31st 2023
- UCD researcher receives ERC funding to unlock insights into pig-to-human heart transplants
- Biomedical Engineering Innovator Receives 2023 NovaUCD Innovation Champion of the Year Award
- Inventor of Disruptive Biosensors with Industrial Bioprocessing Applications Receives 2023 NovaUCD Invention of the Year Award
- seamlessCARE Receives 2023 NovaUCD Spin-Out of the Year Award
- Prof Francesco Pilla launches new bike libraries for Dublin primary schools
- Launch of WATSON Project at UCD
- UCD's Livija Vasilenkaite - First Prize Winner #ThisIsEngineering2023
- Minister Harris and Commissioner McGuinness announce first recipients under the €65M National Challenge Fund
- Séamus McDermott receives his Honorary Doctorate
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1952) - The Final Days
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1952) - Part 3
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1952) - Part 2
- College researchers recognised in UCD Research Impact Competition
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1952)
- Arup Scholarship Presentation 2022
- UCD wins Higher Education Partnership of the Year Award at the Asia Matters Business Awards
- Dr Amiya Pandit wins the Thomas Mitchell Medal
- RIBA Stirling Prize 2022
- 2022 News Archive
- 2021 News Archive
- 2020 News Archive
- 2019 News Archive
- 2018 News Archive
- 2017 News Archive
- 2016 News Archive
- Building the State
- A Centenary Celebration
Information Session: UCD Prof. Cert in Digital Facility Layout Planning
Thursday, 15 February, 2024
Date: 23rd January 2024
Time: 13-14 pm via Zoom
The (opens in a new window)Advance Centre - Professional Education for Digital Transformation would like to invite you to our next in series lunchtime webinar. This time we'll discuss opportunities for learners in a new, innovative and flexible Professional Certificate in Digital Facility Layout Planning (DigitalPlan).
The digitalisation of manufacturing activities goes hand in hand with improved management practices and corporate performance but a vast majority of the engineering and manufacturing workforce lacks the necessary digital skills. This Professional Certificate is an opportunity for academic / technological institutions and companies to upskill students and staff towards expanding their digital manufacturing capabilities.
Professional Certificate in Digital Facility Layout Planning (DigitalPlan) will offer a learning path that will equip engineering and manufacturing employees, especially from SMEs, as well as engineering students and professionals to understand in depth the theory and practice related to facility layout design and planning, using digital manufacturing solutions.
This is a fully online flexible professional certificate where learners will receive the content fully online via (opens in a new window)skillsmove.eu learning platform (managed by (opens in a new window)European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT)). Upon completing the designated learning paths on (opens in a new window)skillsmove.eu platform, the learners will apply the acquired knowledge on a case study which will help them sharpen their skills further.
The flexible nature of this professional certificate makes it a perfect fit for applicants with rather tight or inflexible workload, especially industrial practitioners.
Dr Pezhman Ghadimi
Pezhman received the M.Eng. degree in industrial engineering from University Technology Malaysia (UTM), in 2011 and the Ph.D. degree in industrial engineering and operations management from University of Limerick (UL), Limerick, Ireland, in 2015. From 2012 to 2015, besides his Ph.D. research, he was employed as a researcher at Engineering Research Centre (ERC), UL, to conduct research in the area of knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
He is currently employed as an assistant professor of manufacturing systems at the School of Mechanical & Materials Engineering at the University College Dublin (UCD). His research interests span a number of areas with Circular Economy and Sustainable Development as an overarching research theme.
He has been active in Sustainable Manufacturing, Sustainable Supply Chains, Operations Research, Data Analytics, and Risk Analysis.
He has won competitive grants including 2.56m Marie Curie Doctoral Network for a project called Intelligent circular life cycles of industrial robots outdoor power products and electric vehicles (iCircular3).
Dr. Barry Twomey
Barry has been the Centre Director for the Advance Centre since May 2021. He completed his Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering UCD in 2004, and subsequently his PhD in the same department in 2009. Including his PhD, he has over 17 years experience in new material processing techniques, across a wide range of sectors and company types.
It is the implementation of new and novel techniques that furthered his interest in manufacturing transformation, and in particular, the integration and use of new, digital technologies within existing process lines.
Through the Advance Centre for Professional Learning and the modular, accredited, learning approach, he hopes to enable the digital transformation for individuals and organisations across multiple industries.