Non EU Scholarships
Applications for 2022 College Scholarship are now closed. Applications for 2023 entry will open in January 2023.
UCD College of Engineering & Architecture are delighted to offer all Non-EU citizens of every nationality (outside the EEA) the opportunity to apply for our College of Engineering & Architecture Scholarship, which is available at both a bachelor and masters level across the majority* of our Engineering and Architecture programs.
Scholarship Range: The scholarships range from €3,000 up to €10,000.
- Application Dates (all regions): Opens Tuesday February 1st 2022 (all regions) - Closes: Wednesday April 6th 2022 11.59pm (Irish Standard Time). You can make a college scholarship application once you have an offer or a conditional offer.
Scholarship Decisions: Scholarship applications will be reviewed the week commencing April 6th 2022 and decisions will be returned the week commencing 26th April 2022 (exception USA, where we will endeavour to review applications on a rolling basis)
Application Process: Click here
Personal Statement: When writing your personal statement please do not exceed 1 page. Please outline a little about yourself, why this programme in UCD is for you and why you are deserving of this scholarship.
Further Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Engineering & Architecture Scholarship - Terms and Conditions
- The Scholarship Program is funded by UCD College of Engineering and Architecture and aims to attract excellent candidates to UCD’s Engineering and Architecture bachelors and masters programs.
- Scholarships are open to self-funding candidates.
- Scholarships are open to new applications only not for continuing students.
- Applicants must be citizens and current residents of a Non-EU country and classified as non-EU for tuition fee and application purposes.
- In order to be eligible to apply for this advertised scholarship, applicants must have ‘Offer’, ‘Conditional Offer’, ‘Accept’ or ‘Conditional Accept’ status associated with their application for a programme that is eligible for this scholarship.
- Successful candidates will be selected on merit paired with a holistic review of their scholarship application;
- Only applications received before or on Tuesday April 6th 2021 will be considered.
- Decisions will be made by the Scholarship Committee and candidates will be notified within six weeks of the committee decision.
- Once scholarship awards are issued, students must accept this offer by the specified method within three weeks of the notification being distributed by the committee.
- It is the student’s responsibility to formally accept the scholarship offer, a non-response will be considered as declining the offer.
- If a student already has another UCD scholarship e.g. global scholarship and is subsequently awarded a College scholarship, only the higher amount will apply. The student cannot hold two different awards.
- Students awarded a scholarship must commit to participating in student panels, focus groups, blogs and other activities as requested by UCD College of Engineering and Architecture.
- A student who withdraws, cancels or becomes inactive, enrols less than full-time, is suspended, or dismissed from the University will lose his/her scholarship eligibility. A student who takes such a status due to medical reasons may appeal in writing to the Scholarship Committee to have his/her scholarship reinstated. The appeal must be submitted with supporting documentation, such as a letter from a doctor. In such a case, for there to be a possibility for reinstatement, a student’s leave from the University cannot exceed two consecutive semesters.
- A student who applies for a formal Leave of Absence and is approved by the relevant College Programme Board may retain their scholarship upon return to the same programme at UCD. In order for the scholarship to be retained, the Leave of Absence may not be longer than one academic year.
- A student who declines an initial offer of admission and accompanying scholarship offer will not retain their scholarship offer if they reapply at a later date or defer their offer.
- Continuous full-time enrolment and attendance is required to retain a scholarship award.
- The issued scholarship will be deducted from your University fee account.
- Scholarships are renewable annually subject to the student maintaining an annual grade point average of no less than 3.08/4.2 (upper second class).
- *Excluded programmes: T308 ME Civil Engineering, dual Masters with Columbia University.