UCD recognises that for a variety of reasons you may need to withdraw from your Programme and the University. Once you notify the University that you are withdrawing from your Programme, your registration is ended, and you are no longer a student of the University (effective from the date on which you formally submit the withdrawal notification form to your College/School Office).
Note: if you are an Internal Transfer Applicant, moving from one UCD programme to another, please see the information on the Admissions web page.
Before you complete a Withdrawal Form
Make sure you get as much advice as you can from an appropriate staff member. This includes your College/School Office, your Student Adviser or the Student Desk.Read the UCD Withdrawal Policy and check the fee deadlines to familiarise yourself with all the implications of this request. You can also check the Key Dates page for the Withdrawal deadline for each trimester and how that affects your fees. For example, September Start students should withdraw by the Autumn deadline to avoid being liable for fees for the academic year.
How to complete the Withdrawal Form
All information is treated in the strictest confidence and will only be seen by those staff processing your request.
- Log into SISWeb, select Programme Services, My Leave of Absence/Withdrawal Requests and then Withdraw from my Programme
- Make sure you read the advice at the start of this form
- Your personal information is pre-populated but please do check it to make sure it is correct
- Select the button that says Answer these Questions and provide the information requested
- Most of these questions are compulsory so make sure you answer all of them
- You will be asked if you have discussed this request with a staff member. If you have not spoken to anyone then you may be contacted by a staff member before this request can be processed
- Some questions are asked to make sure you understand what the request will mean for your fees, grant, access to campus facilities etc.
- After you have answered all questions, submit your request.
- Once submitted, you can see the progress of your request by selecting Programme Services and then My Leave of Absence/Withdrawal Requests
- You will receive an email upon submission of your withdrawal and another email once the change to your record has been put forward
- Your registration record will be updated within a few days of the confirmation of your withdrawal
- Once you receive confirmation of your withdrawal, return your UCD Student Card (UCARD) to your College/School Office. If you can’t find your student card, then let your College/School Office know.
Further instructions on completing the Withdrawal form, including frequently asked questions.
Please note: Applications made after a term has ended cannot be made via SISWeb. Use the Retrospective Withdrawal Form instead.