Note for Incoming Stage 1 Undergraduates
Check your email for your Registration Start Time for module registration. This Start Time will be open-ended so you can begin module registration any point from the date/time given in the email.
Registration Start Times
What is a Registration Start Time?
It is an exact date/time from which you can begin your online module registration when it opens for the academic year. You will be able to do all of your module registration, including electives (where necessary), from this date. For example, if your Start Time is 9.30 am on 3 September you may begin registering to modules at any stage from then.
Students will be automatically allocated a Start Time and the details sent to their UCD Connect email.
- Where can I check my Start Time?
- Once you are allocated your Start Time you will see it on the Your Start Time for Registration page in your SISWeb.
- You will also receive an automated email to your UCD Connect account confirming your Start Time
- Once the Online Registration system opens you will be able to see your Start Time on the My Registration page.
- What is the duration of my Start Time?
- Start Times are open-ended so you can begin your registration at any stage from the date/time confirmed in your email. Do try to start your registration as soon as possible to give yourself the best chance of getting the modules you want.
- What are the advantages of having a Start Time?
- You will know exactly what date/time you may start module registration from (no getting up at 5:30 am to see if the system is open). You will also have the convenience of being able to do all parts of your registration, including picking Electives (where available), in one go if you wish.
- Please note:
- Start Times will only be changed in the event of an error in allocation
- Start Times cannot be changed by staff at the Student Desk, College or School Offices
- Start Times cannot be swapped between students. A Start Time is particular to an individual student
- If I get a later Start Time does that mean that those who got in ahead of me will have an advantage?
- Places in Option modules are, as always, ‘first come, first served’ so if you have an earlier Start Time you may well have a better chance.
However, access to Start Times has been designed with fairness of competition in mind. Students who need to compete for the same modules will be part of the same Start Time allocation group.
- Will you be sending an email to remind me of my Start Time?
- No, but you will receive a confirmation email when you are first allocated your Start Time - don’t delete it! You will also see your Start Time when you log into SISWeb.
- I am on a leave of absence from UCD. Where can I find out information about Registration Start Times?
- UCD Registry will send you an email with important information regarding your return this September, including Start Times.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Student Desk. We are happy to help.