Food Diet and Health - Structured Elective
What is this Structured Elective about?
This Structured Elective aims to address topical issues in Food, Diet and Health. On completion of this Structured Elective, you will know about major public health nutrition issues and understand the interaction of food and health across the life course, from infancy to old age. You will gain knowledge about the production, processing and nutritional value of the main food groups and the regulations associated with production, sale and consumption of food and drink within our society.
Why should I take this Structured Elective?
This Structured Elective is aimed at a general audience within UCD, for students with an interest in Diet and Health. It may complement your ongoing studies or address some of your own personal interests outside of your degree. Whatever the reason, this module will give you knowledge that will be useful to you as a person now and in the future.
How would this Structured Elective benefit me?
Whether you are taking this for academic or personal reasons the information you will learn in this Structured Elective will benefit you in understanding the links between diet and health and the major public health concerns in our society today.
How do I take the modules in this Structured Elective?
- In order to earn this Structured Elective you must take the specified modules in or after 2017/18.
- To receive this Structured Elective you must take the required modules as Elective modules and not as Core or Option modules.
- You need to complete all three modules to achieve the required credits for this Structured Elective. You can complete these in any order you want at any time point throughout your time within UCD.
- You do not need to register for this Structured Elective in advance, it will be awarded when you complete 15 credits during your studies.
- No guarantee is given to you that it will be possible to take 15 credits from the outset, this will depend on module places being available and on the exigencies of the timetable.
|FDSC 10010||Food Diet and Health||5|
|FDSC 20110||Food Diet and Health II - Making Healthy Food Choices||5|
|HNUT 30010||Food Diet and Health III||5|